Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2010, 10:47 AM

8,954 posts, read 20,687,683 times

Advertisements

"After years of stonewalling by the Fed, the American people are finally learning the incredible and jaw-dropping details of the Fed’s multi-trillion-dollar bailout of Wall Street and corporate America…."

The Wall Street Pentagon Papers: Biggest Scam In World History Exposed - Are The Federal Reserve’s Crimes Too Big To Comprehend? | Amped Status
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2010, 12:52 PM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
I disagree, I think St Pierre will do exactly the same thing with Jake Shields. His big advantage is that striking is a real threat so Shields has to respect, whereas Shields can only attempt takedowns which is much easier to defend if you're not worried about leg kicks and jabs.

I predict St Pierre in a decision, with Shields' face looking similar to Kos.

Old 12-13-2010, 10:07 AM

42,554 posts, read 87,014,195 times
Ridiculous. I'm a Conservative, and I watch Fox News, and I trust everyone on Wall Street to do what is good for all Americans. That's what they're there for, to protect the wellbeing of Americans. If they weren't honest and stand-up people,devoting their lives to this nopble cause, with full knowledge of the science of Economics, they wouldn't have the important jobs they have on Wall Street. (Close sarcasm,)

Old 12-13-2010, 08:00 PM

10,854 posts, read 9,304,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
Ridiculous. I'm a Conservative, and I watch Fox News, and I trust everyone on Wall Street to do what is good for all Americans. That's what they're there for, to protect the wellbeing of Americans. If they weren't honest and stand-up people,devoting their lives to this nopble cause, with full knowledge of the science of Economics, they wouldn't have the important jobs they have on Wall Street. (Close sarcasm,)
That's the funniest thing read all day.

Thanks for the entertainment.

Old 12-14-2010, 12:57 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,891,633 times
To borrow a quote from this:

The AUDACITY AND ABSURDITY of wasting 5 minutes of my life reading the article should be a crime!

Old 12-14-2010, 01:20 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,207,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willy702 View Post
To borrow a quote from this:

The AUDACITY AND ABSURDITY of wasting 5 minutes of my life reading the article should be a crime!
If you don't realise we have been scammed yet, then stay tuned. This is the biggest bamboozle in history, even bigger than John Law's destruction of France. John Law ended up dying in poverty and humiliation. Today's swindler's don't even have identifiable names or faces and will live in luxurious and peaceful anonymity, chuckling amonst themselves about how clever their scam was and how stupid we all are. They have stolen not only from everyone living on the planet, but from people not even born yet, going to several generations.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:01 AM

6,385 posts, read 11,891,633 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bideshi View Post
If you don't realise we have been scammed yet, then stay tuned. This is the biggest bamboozle in history, even bigger than John Law's destruction of France. John Law ended up dying in poverty and humiliation. Today's swindler's don't even have identifiable names or faces and will live in luxurious and peaceful anonymity, chuckling amonst themselves about how clever their scam was and how stupid we all are. They have stolen not only from everyone living on the planet, but from people not even born yet, going to several generations.
Ok I will be sure to block out some time in my calendar to look for it. It will go right next to the block of time I'll use to look for the news that Obama was really born in Kenya and the news showing proof 9/11 was a CIA-Israel conspiracy.

Old 12-14-2010, 02:40 AM

10,494 posts, read 27,252,856 times
It is obvious that Willy likes to live in the dark. Here is even the Washington post saying the same thing.

Fed aid in financial crisis went beyond U.S. banks to industry, foreign firms

Here is the video nearly two years ago with Ben Bernanke refusing to say where the money went. Bernie Sanders kept his promise so we finally know exactly where our tax dollars went.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kUJIG3JNPk0

Old 12-14-2010, 07:19 AM

8,263 posts, read 12,201,832 times
I'm not clear where this scam is, isn't one of the roles of the Fed to lend money to maintain stability in global markets?

From the Washington Post article referenced:

Fed officials emphasize that their actions were meant to stabilize a financial system that was on the verge of collapse in late 2008. They note that the actions worked to prevent a complete financial meltdown and that none of the special lending programs has lost money. (Some have recorded healthy profits for taxpayers.)

Old 12-14-2010, 12:46 PM

7,841 posts, read 19,004,056 times
Willy702 wrote:
Keep your head in the sand, and pretend that all is well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics