Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 06:43 PM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antlered Chamataka View Post
It's very uncertain now. They can go so low that they can be bought. But who wants to buy a train wreck and deal with the mess and a ton of lawsuits?

The only good thing about BP is that they have tentacles deeply rooted in every continent. That alone gives me some feeling that they can survive.

But I hope it crashes a lot lower
Whoever would " buy" BP, would also assume the huge,unknown liability debt. I don't see any oil co. that stupid....The only one who could take over BP in the States would be the Government. I can see that as a plus for BP Worldwide.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2010, 12:48 AM

3,071 posts, read 9,139,204 times
I spit on BP.. I spit on BUSH and the crooks who took the BP bribes. I spit on BIG oil. I spit on those killing the birds and fish, and I spit ON BP AGAIN

Old 06-03-2010, 08:24 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
I spit on BP.. I spit on BUSH and the crooks who took the BP bribes. I spit on BIG oil. I spit on those killing the birds and fish, and I spit ON BP AGAIN
Save some saliva there partner.....

Obama biggest recipient of BP cash | Reuters

And how about this one.....rhetoric is awesome.

Obama May Levy $15 Billion Tax on Oil Company Profit (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 AM

14,247 posts, read 17,921,045 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by darstar View Post
Whoever would " buy" BP, would also assume the huge,unknown liability debt. I don't see any oil co. that stupid....The only one who could take over BP in the States would be the Government. I can see that as a plus for BP Worldwide.
Rumors coming out of the UK is that Exxon is very interested if the price goes low enough.

Old 06-03-2010, 08:59 AM

17,029 posts, read 30,922,581 times
Just because you shop at a certain company gas station, doesn't mean your buying gas that company produced. Gasoline is made to certain specifications depending on region, then shipped via piepline to regional terminals. Trucks distribute the products from the terminals. Beside most of the majors have divested gas stations, and only lend the name for marketing efforts.

BP will not be taken over by the government.

I'm watching the stock drop, In the long term it will make $$$, and maybe now if your shorting.

Old 06-03-2010, 11:06 AM

8,733 posts, read 15,938,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oildog View Post
Just because you shop at a certain company gas station, doesn't mean your buying gas that company produced. Gasoline is made to certain specifications depending on region, then shipped via piepline to regional terminals. Trucks distribute the products from the terminals. Beside most of the majors have divested gas stations, and only lend the name for marketing efforts.

BP will not be taken over by the government.

I'm watching the stock drop, In the long term it will make $$$, and maybe now if your shorting.
All the " marketing" for BP these days is negative. Haven't seen any of those " beyond Petroleum" ads for quite a while.... Its true the local guy is taking a hit that he had nothing to do with. regardless , its all about perception, just like the oil washing up on white sand beaches, when the worst place is in the marsh lands that few see everyday.
As I remember, Exxon had a statement letter displayed at every station explaining that the local station had nothing to do with the problem. There were pickets and protests at most stations, gas sales were defiantly effected.

Old 06-03-2010, 03:52 PM

5,019 posts, read 14,114,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nativechief View Post
Unfortunately the War On Big Oil is very much like the War On Drugs.

Both fail because there is an entire nation of addicts who need their fix.

Where there is a market, there is a way. Alas.

Old 06-05-2010, 05:54 PM

48,502 posts, read 96,848,488 times
yep and then we can spit on drug addicts who suport those cartels.The maddening crowd who then want to get in their cars and drive to the school four blocks away.

Old 06-05-2010, 06:08 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimboburnsy View Post
Spent time with many roughnecks? Always an excellent source of information. (no offense guys - I've got chain scars on my elbow, too but there's a lot of bullbutter flying around in the doghouse and roughneckin' just doesn't mean you know much about engineering, maritime law or the oil business).
You said "bullbutter"

R. D. Mercer

Old 06-05-2010, 06:11 PM

6,367 posts, read 16,872,464 times
Boycott BP? That Hurts Station Owners -- Not the Company - DailyFinance
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Economics