Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-20-2010, 02:05 PM

13,981 posts, read 25,951,751 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoExcuses View Post
I'm not understanding why mistakes are no longer allowed, human nature no longer accepted. Why would anyone even think of suing a teenager for voicing an opinion?

Why would an adult go to such lengths and such extreme to get even with a teenager?

Do they think for even one moment that what that boy said would make any difference at all? How ignorant they are. I'm sure that in that community there are plenty of parents and other adults who think the same thing.
A 10th grader is plenty old enough to understand that if you are going to accuse somebody of wrongdoing, you better be sure you have your facts straight. In this case, the fence was not the principal's decision, so the student did not.
Now, if the student had said something along the lines of "nice fence, hopefully textbooks will be deemed more important next time", there wouldn't have been any falsehoods printed, and I would agree that that comments should stand.

Why are you supportive of the student's statement? The article does not support his allegations. His charge should have been directed at the school board.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-20-2010, 08:54 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,692,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattie View Post
Why are you supportive of the student's statement? The article does not support his allegations. His charge should have been directed at the school board.
So what? He made a mistake in trying to make a point. I am not supportive of the statement. I'm just not so thin skinned that a statement like that would bother me at all.

Look at the presumptions people make here and we're all adults. We give opinions, sometimes wrongly advised, but nonetheless. He's what, 16? Are we to expect more from someone who is still learning than we do from grown adults?

Old 06-20-2010, 10:06 PM

4,507 posts, read 9,062,720 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lexicon22 View Post
i know this kid in real life me and him are friends what happend was he wrote in his year book my favorite lake trail memory is when ms carpender spend are money on a new fence instead of text books. now she was the one who told are art teacher mr piercy to cut the pictures out he dident think they were bad at all so this is all the are principals mistake not the teachers shes got to ow up to it and start admiting it was her fault if u want to know anymore details reply i know the whole true story
Good gravy. This is all the evidence we need. Forget about the stupid year book...who cares when THIS is an example of the education students at the school are getting. The public clearly does not know where their outrage should be directed if they are whining about the yearbook. Tear down the fence, sell it and buy these poor kids some grammar and spelling books already.

Old 06-20-2010, 11:10 PM

2,189 posts, read 7,052,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
If your comment above is at all indicative of the education you are getting at this high school, I would say that you and Brandon have a lot more to worry about than money that was spent on a fence instead of on textbooks.
I'm with you. I tried reading both post and my brain started hurting.

busta

Old 06-22-2010, 01:41 AM

1,619 posts, read 2,042,490 times
Oh my God! If those were real, I think I just burst a blood vessel reading them. I know I'm not Canadian but, wow! They do speak and write the same language, right? And, punctuation? That exists, too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education