Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2010, 09:42 PM

19 posts, read 28,974 times

Advertisements

I will not teach him to be a bully. I will not teach him to discrimimate.
I will teach him to be his own person and not to be influenced by bad examples by that has nothing to do with their appearence. I will teach him to love people for who they are and not to try to change them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2010, 09:58 PM

387 posts, read 532,885 times
I'm not surprised to hear that. Jesus wore long hair. Why don't they see it through that perspective?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Unfortunately, this is not new in Texas. A four year old boy was put in ISS for long hair. The child was in preK. 4-year-old with long hair still banned from school | school, hair, taylor - Local News -

Texas is a land of control freaks in school administration.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 PM

I also find dress-codes very constricting. However, Pilgrim outfits may be a very cool fashion statement. I highly recommend students start wearing Pilgrim outfits to set a trend of individualism.

Quote:
Originally Posted by teachertype View Post
Yes, the schools need to get back to enforcing the traditional fashions of the good ole days.

There's just nothing quite like the outfits from the Pilgrim days, or maybe coonskin caps and codpieces for the boys, Elizabethan garb and parasols for the girls. Can't have any individuality now, can we. Might lead to people thinking for themselves instead of being a good ole cog in the big hamster wheel called America.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:01 PM

2,605 posts, read 4,692,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by almcgregor View Post
You all are missing the point.
No point missed here. There is a rule to wear hair cut. What is to miss about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
The rule is wrong. The rule violates the Constitution. The rule violates common human decency. The rule violates logic, being drawn from an invalid premise.

Thank goodness, for every wrong rule, there is a right Rosa Parks. Or Chris McGregor.
Thank goodness. We were all born naked too, should we go to school naked? What is the difference? There is none.

Quote:
If it werent for our founding fathers you would not be on a computer writing what you feel is right in your opinion right now. And if we did wear robes and sandles we would be in ISS. Come on lets use common sense.
Common sense? Let's use some and give your boy a haircut so he can go to class. It's insane to rob him of his education to make a selfish point that suits only you and your family.

Old 08-28-2010, 10:02 PM

You sound like an excellent parent. We need more good people on this earth.

Quote:
I will not teach him to be a bully. I will not teach him to discrimimate.
I will teach him to be his own person and not to be influenced by bad examples by that has nothing to do with their appearence. I will teach him to love people for who they are and not to try to change them.

Old 08-28-2010, 11:43 PM

Let me see. My son has had his hair this long for years and is very comfortable with it. So lets say I have it cut to make Hitler happy oh again I am sorry, your leader happy. So he goes to school uncomfortable and feel like he is his not himself. Do you think he will be happy? I can answer that No he will not. Do you think he will interact with others? I can answer that No he will not. Do you think he will put his hand up and answer questions? I can answewr that No he will not. Chris will go to school unhappy, with a low self esteam he would be miserable depressed and then most likely stand out and be bullied around. What then? Lets see. He would most likely get into a fight and then what, oh get ISS or kicked out of school. Then he would be mad all the time thinking he has to fight other all the time. Oh that would be just great dont you think? Or we can go the other side withdraw from others withdraw from family quit playing soccer give up his dream of playing professional. And now just what you ordered he commits suicide. Hey this is streaching it a bit but guess what it happens, and it is not worth it. He is who he is and that is that. We can debate all day all night all week all month all year and guess what? He will not get it cut unless he asked to have it cut or he does not keep it clean,brushed and out of his eyes. If that becomes a problem I will have it cut. FYI: He has had only 2 people cut his hair in the last 4 years. The only reason there was 2 is because we moved. And I use to stand over her just to make sure she cuts it right. I dont any more she knows what we want for my child. Thanks Diane

And last: please answer all my questions in all my post. I noticed no one has answered all the questions all I hear from the negative people is CUT HIS HAIR.
You dont have a foot to stand on?

Old 08-29-2010, 07:16 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,954,125 times
Quote:
If it werent for our founding fathers you would not be on a computer writing what you feel is right in your opinion right now. And if we did wear robes and sandles we would be in ISS. Come on lets use common sense.
People in Britain and Canada have perfect freedom to express their views online, and they all have computers. If it were not for our founding fathers, we'd all still be on our computers writing what we feel is right in our opinion. There would just be a Union Jack or a Maple Leaf on the flagpole.

You really have to get over this notion that the USA is the ONLY country in the world in which people have basic protected rights and freedoms, and that the British and Canadians and everyone else are cowering in fear of jackbooted stormtroopers hammering at their door in the middle of the night.

In fact, the Bill of Rights, as interpreted by our courts, hans't added one single right to the list of rights that the British people had then and have now, under British common law. And, I might add, our Founding Fathers' Bill of Rights did not provide any rights at all to our black and native populations.

Yes, indeed: Come on lets use common sense.

Last edited by jtur88; 08-29-2010 at 07:36 AM..

Old 08-29-2010, 07:27 AM

Yea ok you are right.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:34 AM

50,362 posts, read 63,948,892 times
All I know is when I picked my battles with my 4 kids, hair was not one of them. Someone's hair is part of them and should not be something that a government entity has control over. Should he have to keep it pulled back out of his face? Maybe. That could rightfully be regarded as a safety issue.

Old 08-29-2010, 07:41 AM

2,605 posts, read 4,692,093 times
Quote:
Let me see. My son has had his hair this long for years and is very comfortable with it. So lets say I have it cut to make Hitler happy oh again I am sorry, your leader happy. So he goes to school uncomfortable and feel like he is his not himself. Do you think he will be happy? I can answer that No he will not. Do you think he will interact with others? I can answer that No he will not. Do you think he will put his hand up and answer questions? I can answewr that No he will not. Chris will go to school unhappy, with a low self esteam he would be miserable depressed and then most likely stand out and be bullied around. What then? Lets see. He would most likely get into a fight and then what, oh get ISS or kicked out of school. Then he would be mad all the time thinking he has to fight other all the time. Oh that would be just great dont you think? Or we can go the other side withdraw from others withdraw from family quit playing soccer give up his dream of playing professional. And now just what you ordered he commits suicide. Hey this is streaching it a bit but guess what it happens, and it is not worth it. He is who he is and that is that. We can debate all day all night all week all month all year and guess what? He will not get it cut unless he asked to have it cut or he does not keep it clean,brushed and out of his eyes. If that becomes a problem I will have it cut. FYI: He has had only 2 people cut his hair in the last 4 years. The only reason there was 2 is because we moved. And I use to stand over her just to make sure she cuts it right. I dont any more she knows what we want for my child. Thanks Diane

And last: please answer all my questions in all my post. I noticed no one has answered all the questions all I hear from the negative people is CUT HIS HAIR.
You dont have a foot to stand on?
I can see how this got to the media. You are determined to be right.

You need to take a serious look in the mirror. I mean, seriously. By what you said in the quote above, you are creating a situation for your son he may not recover from.

You have it all planned out, don't you. How he will feel bad about himself if his hair is cut, how he will withdraw from participating in class, how he will commit suicide.

What you are saying is that it is all what YOU want as a parent. You thought that if you went to the media, you could bully the administration into giving you what you want, or at least gather enough public support to put pressure on them to give you what you want.

Why are you allowing hair to be the defining attribute of your son? Why make it so important to YOU that you are willing to keep him from his classroom and allow things to slide so far down that he would feel bad about himself and lose sight of his goals with something so trivial as a haircut?

It's all on you lady. Whatever happens to your son as a result of your complaining to the school and crying over the media, it's all on you.

Parents are who set the tone for their children. Parents are in the position to make a child see how important something is, or how irrelavant something is.

It's all on you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education