Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-01-2011, 02:17 PM

29,391 posts, read 55,591,550 times

Advertisements

MONTREAL - A couple near Montreal is seeing red over a local school’s green policy that saw their son barred from a contest for having a Ziploc bag in his lunchbox.

Isabel Theoret and her husband, Marc-Andre Lanciault, say their six-year-old son Felix was disqualified from a competition in his kindergarten class in suburban Laval after a teacher spotted his sandwich wrapping.

Student barred over sandwich bag - Weird News - Canoe.ca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-01-2011, 03:19 PM

249 posts, read 753,890 times
I say, get over it lady. The school is trying to teach kids to use reusable items to limit the amount of garbage they produce. If the kid doesn't participate, I'm sure they weren't pointing at him and telling him how horrible he is. They just didn't enter him in their raffle. Big deal. People get upset over the craziest things.

Old 02-01-2011, 03:22 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,730,892 times
Ok he was excluded from a contest for children packing the most environmentally friendly lunches. Whoopdee doo. At my daughters school they once had a contest for the grade schoolers on who could read the most library books. Our library is only open until 5pm. My poor daughter could not win the contest because I get home too late to take her there. Children will always be limited by their parents actions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education