Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: ??
Yes 44 29.93%
No 103 70.07%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-06-2011, 02:01 PM

2,222 posts, read 3,590,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I hated high school. I did not fit in in any group. I wasn't a jock and I wasn't a pot head and I wasn't a popular and I wasn't a geek. I didn't exist. I was so glad to graduate and never have to go back. I have never had even the smallest desire to go back or attend a reuinion. High school was the three most miserable years of my life. The second most miserable years of my life were middle school. Now, college, I enjoyed.

This can be a huge impediment to enjoying high school. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be one of the "cool" kids to feel good socially, you just have to function well in whatever set you fall in. The real problems begin when you don't fit neatly into some subcultural clique- you're too geeky and eccentric to hang out with the preps/jocks, but you're to jock-ish to hang out with the "alternative" kids.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2011, 02:40 PM

3,756 posts, read 9,527,509 times
It is amazing to see now after 25 years on how all those popular clickish kids ended up. Not the way anyone thought. There is even an hierarchy today with class reunions, the same thing..........some of us have grown up and really do not want to go back to those times.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:03 PM

4,966 posts, read 10,637,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnbiggs View Post
This can be a huge impediment to enjoying high school. Contrary to popular belief, you don't have to be one of the "cool" kids to feel good socially, you just have to function well in whatever set you fall in. The real problems begin when you don't fit neatly into some subcultural clique- you're too geeky and eccentric to hang out with the preps/jocks, but you're to jock-ish to hang out with the "alternative" kids.
I was actually one of the "cool" kids (at least, I hung out with them), which was why I hated high school. It was a pain in the ass remaining cool, they were always getting huffy about something and there was always drama; I couldn't wait to graduate so I could hang out with some adults and concentrate on my intellectual interests instead of playing social politics every day in order to survive.

Old 03-06-2011, 03:04 PM

7,284 posts, read 12,896,563 times
LOVED IT!!!! Not the school work, naturally, but the FUN!!!!

Old 03-06-2011, 03:51 PM

24,509 posts, read 24,130,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLUEDIAMOND64 View Post
It is amazing to see now after 25 years on how all those popular clickish kids ended up. Not the way anyone thought. There is even an hierarchy today with class reunions, the same thing..........some of us have grown up and really do not want to go back to those times.

I went to my 20th and passed on the 40th we just had last summer. The cliques were still the same. No thank you.

Old 03-06-2011, 04:27 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,453,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I went to my 20th and passed on the 40th we just had last summer. The cliques were still the same. No thank you.
I didn't go to any of my reuinions. I figure nothing will have changed.

I don't get the point of reunions. If I didn't care enough about these people to keep in touch with them all these years, why would you think I want to get back in touch with them after all this time .

Old 03-06-2011, 04:35 PM

6,981 posts, read 10,912,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I didn't go to any of my reuinions. I figure nothing will have changed.

I don't get the point of reunions. If I didn't care enough about these people to keep in touch with them all these years, why would you think I want to get back in touch with them after all this time .
That's not always true. Life is very busy, and people lose touch for a variety of reasons. There are more people I would like to keep in touch with than I have time to maintain the relationships.

I went to my 25th year college reunion and got back in touch with a very good friend from college whom I had lost touch with after graduation. It's nice to see how people have grown and changed. Sometimes, the class clown or cutup turns out to be very successful, while the ones thought to have all the promise somehow fall flat and don't age well. I'm not as cyncial as some people here, and don't necessarily think that all people never grow after high school or college, though I'm sure that's true of some people.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 AM

4,023 posts, read 7,354,095 times
Wow, HS is hated

Old 03-09-2011, 12:44 PM

624 posts, read 1,244,720 times
Loved playing school athletics, but thought the rest of it was just memorizing trivia. I got tired listening to teacher's talking, acting out their pride and arrogance. I never missed the dittos and long lectures.

Old 03-09-2011, 03:06 PM

7,507 posts, read 4,388,849 times
No. Hated it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education