Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2011, 09:47 PM

4,196 posts, read 6,426,097 times

Advertisements

First Grade...

You were a *****, I hated you..

Second Grade, You were nice...I sort of liked you..

Third Grade..You were so mean to me..I cant say I hated you..I just didnt like you very much..

Fourth Grade...OMG I have never heard or seen a bigger *****..

Fifth Grade... Third grades Husband..Know what.?? They were kinda cool people then.. Matter of fact the coolest people I ever knew at that point in my life.

6th &th and 8th..???... I was a man boy into man boy crap...

9th grade.. I was messed up...not into drugs but going there...
My Teachers did not save me from everthing...
They saved me from ALOT..

I Respect every teacher out there.. If you only knew and the rest of the world knew...you people save millions of lives evey single day..

I have massive amounts of respect for teachers..

Naysayers...you just never had someone that actually cared for you...that was'nt a family member maybe??
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2011, 12:00 PM

1,988 posts, read 5,386,350 times
Hmmmm,
kindergarten - I don't remember you.
1st grade - I don't remember you.
2nd grade - I remember that you hated the word, diarrhea.
3rd grade - I remember that you thought my penmanship stunk and made a big huge deal about it and blemished my report card with it. It still stinks, by the way, but that didn't stop me from sailing through college and graduate school.
4th grade - I remember that your bowling average was a 181. I'm still impressed by that, since mine was never over 132.
5th grade - I don't remember you.
6th grade - I don't remember you, but I remember hating being pulled out of class twice a week for 'gifted' class. Oh - and I DO remember that teacher, the sadistic *****
Middle school - it was all a blur... I have vague memories of teachers yelling at the troublemaker boys to sit down and be quiet. I'm not sure they ever had a chance to teach anything.
High school - I remember my biology teacher because she wouldn't teach me genetics after the ONE time I stayed home from school sick. Way to go teacher. I was probably the ONLY student who gave a darn about what you were teaching and you told me copy someone's notes. (I'm still mad about that all these years later). Yeah, I teach biology now, and I *never* turn down a student who asks for extra help understanding something.
I remember my English teacher because she singled me out as the only one who got an A+ on some test and was perplexed that I was mad. Totally ruined my chances at being one of the cool kids. I had her for all 4 years. She was also the one who encouraged me to write. I did not become a writer, but it is a huge part of what I do. So I thank her for that.
I remember another teacher who used to ride his bike around the beach (where everyone hung out) in his tiny tiny bikini shorts. ewwww. just ewwww.
My chemistry teacher had a glass eye, so everyone sat on that side of the room for tests. I don't think he even realized why....
I always remember my home ec teacher with a smile. I think of her every time I sew a button or make pancakes. That is the one course that I took where I can remember specific instruction that I still find useful to this day. I wish schools would value those types of courses more when they are working on their budget.

Old 09-24-2011, 02:30 PM

45,420 posts, read 60,608,674 times
I still won't write either of you a recommendation. We're out of letterhead.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:05 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,711,393 times
i remember my 9th grade history teacher. she wanted it.

Old 09-24-2011, 03:30 PM

2,179 posts, read 3,405,303 times
Interesting Idea.. let's see..

Kindergarten.. don't remember the teacher. Just remember her making us stop and take a nap everyday. I was never able to sleep. Spring show, my first time singing in front of an audience. I was hooked.

1st.. There were two; one older, one younger. The younger one was a Marilyn Monroe look alike. But wouldn't you know it, it was the older one that sat with her legs open.

2nd.. Have no memory of the teacher of this school at all. Had to leave my hometown for one year while a stepfather attended law school; it is all of it a blur to me; except maybe the hard shell crabs.

3rd.. Back home, a sweet, pretty young thing who took a liking to me and made me fall in love with her. It's been all downhill from there.

4th.. A relaxed, cardigan sweater wearing, pipe smoking, cough drop addicted, nice guy. Think Perry Como meets Jimmy Stewart.

5th.. a very nice older lady. Found out I could sing and gave me two songs in the Christmas show.

6th.. a sweet, attractive lady, very soft spoken, with translucent skin.

7th.. moved across town. My homeroom teacher was a jock, played football for Penn State. Helped spark my interest in sports.

8th.. a bulldog of a woman, but one of the best teachers I've ever had. Named teacher of the year in the district; started my love of language.

High School and College had a few great ones, some bad ones, most were just invisible then and now. All in all, had good experiences in school. Was a teacher for a few years myself. Greatest attribute of a teacher, I think, is that they really have to care that the students learn. Should be a given but it's not.

Old 09-24-2011, 04:41 PM

21,088 posts, read 29,231,979 times
Kindergarten- very sweet and gave us cookies and milk after nap time. Also stars on our foreheads Didn't have room numbers. just colors. I was in the red door. NEVER knew there was more to the building than the color doors.
1st grade--not sure who the teacher was
2nd grade--hmmmmmmm..
3rd grade--looked like my kindergarten teacher--were they sisters?
4th grade---a certifiable pscho from Yugoslavia--used to throw chalk and erasers at us from behind her desk. Came to America with her husband who was a doctor.
5th grade--A great woman. She gave me "extra" work when she saw how quickliy I could complete the assignments.
6th grade--Went to middle school for 1/2 days. Schools were over crowded and they ran two sets of classes at the junior highs in my city. Only teacher I remember was social studies. He had been a police office, but decided to teache after 4 years on patrol. GREAT teacher who made us think and wouldn't take failure as an option.
7th grade to 9th grade.--junior high, different school as boundaries were changed. Stayed at this school through 9th grade. Junior high sucked. We did whatever we could to undermine the teachers. DROVE them crazy. Don't remember much about the teachers. Football coach was cool. He eventually was found shot in his home--rumors of gambling and running numbers?
10th--12th grade--more confusion. Remember the English teacher (wanted to be psychologist and looked like a model--6 foot and a 30 inch waist) she was more into writing than grammar. The social studies teacher who read the tests every Friday and gave the answers. To this day I just love history!
The school disciplinarian...what a psycho. If you went to his office, you were guilty and he wanted the names of your co-conspirators, because no one in high school acted ALONE...

Then I went on to become a teacher...

And high school hasn't changed at all....

Old 09-24-2011, 04:49 PM

6,304 posts, read 9,015,348 times
I had many great teachers in my time, but the one that truly stands out was one of my high school Spanish teachers. In addition to instilling within me a love of the Spanish language and culture, she also introduced me to a wonderful liberal arts college that I ended up applying to early admission. This was the first time I can recall ever "thinking out of my small-ish town box", and I will forever be indebted to her for that gift.

Old 09-24-2011, 08:40 PM

178 posts, read 332,450 times
We moved a lot when I was young. I went to two schools for kindergarten and two different for 1st grade. The school I ended up at in the middle of my 1st grade decided I was greatly behind because I wasn't taught how to read yet and put me in sped. But the only thing they taught me in sped was how to count and colors. So from second to fourth the same school bounced me back and fourth. I remember my fourth grade teacher yelling at me for spilling coffee on her table. Fifth grade we moved again. I told my family not to tell the school about the sped stuff so they would leave me alone. But they didn't listen to me so I was catagorized as sped for most of the year. Finally my teacher spoke up for me and asked them to give me a chance in the normal classes. My grades went way up and I went from sped to honor role.
Everything else was good after that.

It takes one good teacher to make the difference in a child's life.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education