Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2012, 05:01 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,921,959 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
You really like to stereotype don't you?
No. I call 'em like I see 'em. Come on over to politics and other controversies and you will see what I mean.

Old 08-22-2012, 05:10 PM

3,179 posts, read 3,166,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053
Theory of Knowledge is a philosophical concept. It analyzes three things: What is knowledge? Where do we get our knowledge? and How do we justify our beliefs?
I'm not going to address your ridiculous statements about Christian Fundamentalists. I will however, focus on your accurate statement that TOK asks students in a SECULAR PUBLIC SCHOOL to JUSTIFY their beliefs. As shown to you on a previous page, IB insists that IB teachers infuse every course with TOK.

What right does a PUBLIC SCHOOL have to force students to justify their religious beliefs and be subjected to grading as to how well they justify them? Frankly, I find that absolutely outrageous and UNConstitutional.

And before you say, "No one is FORCING them to take IB", let me state that TOK is a MANDATORY Core component of the full IB Diploma, the only IB "programme" that has a tiny thread of credibility.

Old 08-22-2012, 08:25 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,530,868 times
Closed for mod review

This thread will remain closed as posters continue to bait and bash each other, which is clearly against the terms of service for this site and way more work moderating then I signed up for. Please continue any more bait and bash threads on the Politics and other Controversy forums.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Last edited by toobusytoday; 08-26-2012 at 06:41 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education