Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-13-2012, 06:50 PM

5 posts, read 48,060 times

Advertisements

My son is in 6th grade and his math teacher is a bully. This teacher makes kids do pushups if they are late for class. He screams in their face and makes them stand up in class and trys to humiliate the student in front of all the other students. He has made alot of students cry from his behavior. This school goes on camp trips over night and i spoke to this teacher about my son might not go because he has severe anxiety. He pretended concerned about it but today he made fun of my son in front of the whole class by saying (in a whiny baby voice) that saying you just dont want to go or you cant be away from mommy and daddy is not a good excuse. What kind of teacher finds it ok to humiliate their students about anything. This man seems to have serious problems.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2012, 07:00 PM

9,230 posts, read 16,541,693 times
I'd have a serious problem with that. Have you talked to the principal?

Old 09-13-2012, 08:19 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,053 times
You need to report it to the principal or school district, that behavior is unacceptable.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:27 PM

11,495 posts, read 26,863,876 times
You need to talk to the principal. I think the pushups are fine, the rest is what I have a problem with.

You shouldn't send your son on any overnight trips with the school until the situation is resolved...and possibly not even then.

Old 09-13-2012, 08:57 PM

1,436 posts, read 1,882,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedgehog_Mom View Post
You need to talk to the principal. I think the pushups are fine, the rest is what I have a problem with.

You shouldn't send your son on any overnight trips with the school until the situation is resolved...and possibly not even then.

Pushups are fine? Unless this is gym class, pushups are not fine, espically in front of the others. If your child is constanttly late for class then maybe a meeting should be held between the student,parents and teachers.

Yet, if a child is late once or twice, why are we making him do pushups? A morning deteniton or demerit is good enough.

Old 09-13-2012, 09:21 PM

112 posts, read 292,707 times
I agree with everyone else. I would personally keep him out of that class until he gets a new teacher and would not be sending him to camp if he did not want to go.

Old 09-13-2012, 10:31 PM

5 posts, read 48,060 times
Thank you everyone so much. I do have a appointment with the director of the school, my son goes to a charter school.. . I agree that he shouldnt make these kids do pushups . I mean seriously what does being late for class have to do with pushups. I would make them maybe write a little paper about why its good to be punctial. He has made little girls get down and do ten pushups. This isnt military school. And for him to embarrass these kids in front of each other is just wrong. Lots of kids that age are trying to work on their confidence and for a grown man to knock it down and try to make the student look stupid makes me so angry. I couldgo onand on. I just feel someone needs to speak up for these kids. Thank for listening

Old 09-15-2012, 01:42 AM

1,156 posts, read 1,967,516 times
This is unacceptable behavior from a teacher, I would be going up to the principal and demanding that they solve this problem before a lawyer has to get involved. There is no reason whatsoever that a teacher should be behaving like that towards students, and any teacher that does deserves NOT to have a job working in the education system.

Old 09-15-2012, 08:41 AM

32,516 posts, read 37,163,875 times
What do the other parents have to say about this teacher?

Old 09-15-2012, 01:15 PM

6,497 posts, read 11,812,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ktolley39 View Post
I agree that he shouldnt make these kids do pushups . I mean seriously what does being late for class have to do with pushups. I would make them maybe write a little paper about why its good to be punctial.
Being late to class has nothing to do with pushups. Pushups have something to with being late...as a punishment, like writing a paper, which is barely a punishment. Don't dwell on the pushups. Not a big deal. Everything else... yeah, I agree... a big deal. I'd want him gone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education