Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2012, 03:04 PM

37,807 posts, read 41,097,858 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by topher5150 View Post
I remember reading a story where something similar had happened. Some kindergarten kid was trashing the classroom throwing chairs hitting people etc...the teachers didn't know what to do so they called the cops and had the kid cuffed to a chair. Well mom found out and all hell broke loose, she was accusing the school, and the teachers of being nothing more than racists monsters who have to call the cops on kids.
They should have tossed her, too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2012, 04:29 PM

3,663 posts, read 5,685,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They should have tossed her, too.
I remember seeing it on the news. They had part of it on video. They villianized the teacher and the cop, of course.

Old 12-24-2012, 09:54 AM

7,572 posts, read 9,037,280 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
They should have big muscular bouncers in schools and teachers should wear life-alert type buttons around their neck to summon them. When a kid acts up in the classroom the bouncers should come in, pick the kid up and throw him/her out the front door of the school just like an obnoxious drunk in a bar.

Old 12-27-2012, 11:54 PM

10,363 posts, read 20,834,923 times
A few years ago I was working as a TA in a sped setting and got attacked by a girl with a knife. Never saw her again after that as she was permanently removed from the school and placed in an alternate setting. I was asked if I wanted to press charges and after finding out that if I did she'd go to jail as opposed to getting proper mental health care, I chose not to. Now they have CPI training for all the sped teachers in our area and you have to renew every year. I realized later that with proper CPI training I could probably have averted the knife attack.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education