Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2013, 06:30 PM

3,848 posts, read 7,962,204 times

Advertisements

Highschool was an indifferent time of my life.. Some of it sucked, some was great.. Met my husband in high school and been together 13 years, lost a lot of friends to drugs in high school on the flip side. I thought middle school was way worse, kids were terrible and it was prime grunge time (Nirvana was huge so 94-96) and so kids were mean and trying to be dirty and spit and just yuck. Some of my best times were in between high school and 21 ish.. Up late at night, still had a crap job that paid $9.50 and hour. Husband (then bf) was my boss so we saw each other all the time but we managed to get our own apt with what little we made and toughed it out on our own living on soup and peanut butter sandwiches. We hung out every night, never did laundry and slept in on the weekends, had cake for breakfast and still had a slamming body.. Was a great fun time , of course fast forward to 27 and out pops a little baby and that changed things a bit!

High school now looking back was such a stupid time... The popular kids aren't popular anymore, the geeks grew out of their weird phases and the rest of us managed to get along. Some became famous (went to school with a kid who now pitches for the A's) but he was a jerk and never gave me back my pencils I let him borrow! I don't even feel my husband and I have peaked yet and we're gonna be 31. I still think (hope!) there is more to come and to even consider high school is the peak of your life is silly. There is so more to come

Old 08-03-2013, 06:42 PM

10,048 posts, read 18,069,717 times
First, I'm a little confused ... this poster is supposedly a new member but he references a different thread that he presumably started under a different name back in February?

But anyway ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charles W Neal View Post
This girl was everything I could ever want; yet she rejected me because I was/am considered very (physically) unattractive by her and her friends.

Because of her; I will now be alone for life.
Um, no, NOT because of her, but because you have told yourself that she is the only one you could ever love blah blah blah. (And how on earth could she be "everything [you] could ever want" if she would reject you because of how you LOOK? Why would you want to be with someone like that?!!)

The truth is, there are LOTS of women out there whom you could love (and who could love you) but you have decided, at the age of 18 (I assume), that some fantasy of a girl -- who was not even nice to you -- is the ONLY one for you.

OP, please please please get some therapy. It's really not good to put yourself down this much.

Quote:
Did anyone else here experience similar trials during adolescents/ secondary education? I seem to be one of the few, who has no desire to go to college(because of these experiences).

What are your thoughts??
My high school years weren't great, but no one could tell ... I was a cheerleader, on the student council, etc., etc. I think high school is hard for a lot of people -- it's just a relatively difficult life stage. And given that part of that life stage is to be completely self-centered (and to see oneself as the center of the universe), everything is magnified a million times. (Talk about drama!)

I don't know anyone who is a mature adult who sees his or her high school years as "the best years." That would be really, really sad.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:02 PM

102,217 posts, read 107,883,295 times
Quote:
No, because of YOU you'll be alone for life, because that's what you've decided. You decided to fixate on her to the exclusion of all others, and you've now decided to turn away from other romantic prospects just because some girl felt you weren't her type. That's not normal, healthy thinking.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:42 PM

25,386 posts, read 35,537,397 times
Quote:
For many; high school appears to be the height of an individual's life.

This was certainly not true for the four years I spent in high school from the fall of 2009- till- May of 2013.

There were a host of factors that contributed to this outcome including; challenging academics, patronizing teachers/administrators, and the daily commute.

The greatest blow during my secondary education, was being cruelly rejected by the girl of dreams. See here: //www.city-data.com/forum/relat...ool-issue.html

This girl was everything I could ever want; yet she rejected me because I was/am considered very (physically) unattractive by her and her friends.

Did anyone else here experience similar trials during adolescents/ secondary education? I seem to be one of the few, who has no desire to go to college(because of these experiences).

What are your thoughts??
High school was the three most miserable years of my life. I grabbed my diploma and never looked back. I have never attended a reunion and never want to attend one. I'm glad those years are done. On the bright side, when life starts out that crappy, you have nowhere to go but up.

As to the girl of your dreams, dreams change as we get older. Many a person has married the person of their dreams, when young, and lived a nightmare. Seriously, look at our divorce rate. We change as we grow up. The odds of your dream girl in high school still being your dream girl 50 years later are pretty slim. You may change over the next few years and find that she wasn't really a good match for you.

Give it time.

Old 08-03-2013, 07:53 PM

8,340 posts, read 6,785,830 times
Quote:
For many; high school appears to be the height of an individual's life. (a lot of stuff snipped for brevity) What are your thoughts??

I thought I was a loser till I read this. Yes I have not had luck with females, financial success, stardom, in fact, I shall die a lonely death surrounded by nobody but machines or wild animals (I plan to retire to the forests) so what?

I don't think the measure of a man is how they look to others, but how they appear to themselves. For YOU are responsible for your happiness, not mine. I can't say I'm thrilled with my life, but looki g at others, I did pretty damn good.

If you're not happy, find out why and then SOLVE IT.

Old 08-03-2013, 09:24 PM

13,254 posts, read 33,523,221 times
This thread has been closed for two reasons -1) It was started by a poster who is using two screen names, which is against the TOS - goodbye Charles Neal. 2) Seems more like a continued relationship issue then anything to do with education.

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education