Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 06:50 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,687,088 times

Advertisements

If you are like most parents you send your children to school believing they will get a good education. Actually they are not being educated they are being trained to conform. I recently saw this demonstrated at a community meeting with mostly seniors. At the start of the meeting they all stood and recited the pledge of allegiance. Most of these seniors were veterans and had proved their loyalty to their country. I asked why they included this school day ritual and no one had an answer. When they were kids and went to school they recited this same oath everyday. Could there be a connection?

After watching this video you may want to consider home schooling.

27. Your Indoctrination - YouTube
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2013, 06:55 PM

22,565 posts, read 47,614,734 times
Uh huh... because a video featuring a hooker instructor is sooooooo credible....

Old 10-29-2013, 07:10 PM

1,420 posts, read 3,183,645 times
I'm totally against indoctrination and brainwashing. That's why I take my kids to church.

Old 10-29-2013, 07:39 PM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,190 times
In chemistry this week, I'm teaching the evils of stoichiometry: I'm indoctrinating my comrades, er... students in the chemspeak of calculations with chemical reactions.

In AP physics, I am leading my future stormtroopers in patriotic lessons of fluid dymanics. Maybe they'll learn how to waterboard lesser beings!

In AP chemistry, my precious little followers are learning the periodic trends (i.e. atomic radii, ionization energy, etc.) and molecular geometry. Hopefully, they'll be wonderful zombies in my future political party/takeover.

Get a grip, a clue and a life... not necessarily in that order.

Old 10-30-2013, 12:30 AM

42,554 posts, read 86,928,948 times
I strongly suspect that the main thing that ischool is teaching is some weird twisted form of Political Correctness paradoxy, in which there must be tolerance for everyone who is legally inside the USA, and intolerance for everyone else, including illegal aliens and all the rest of the offshore world who are awaiting their chance to terrorize us and poison our pet food. Virtually every lesson is being presented in the shadow of that PC doctrine.

Old 10-30-2013, 01:52 AM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
we dont need no education..... no dark sarcasm in the classroom...
hey, teacher, leave them kids alone....

Old 10-30-2013, 04:29 AM

1,243 posts, read 1,146,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtur88 View Post
I strongly suspect that the main thing that ischool is teaching is some weird twisted form of Political Correctness paradoxy, in which there must be tolerance for everyone who is legally inside the USA, and intolerance for everyone else, including illegal aliens and all the rest of the offshore world who are awaiting their chance to terrorize us and poison our pet food. Virtually every lesson is being presented in the shadow of that PC doctrine.
Yeah, I see my school's math teachers do that all the time. I'm amazed at how indoctrination and the Pythagorean theorem can be included in the same lesson plan. Amazing teachers!

You should see how easy it is for me to mix in a little "us/them" politics/brain manipulation when I teach the gas laws next month. It'll be a hoot.

And wait until you hear what I do when I teach thermodynamics.... It'll mess you up!!

to this whole thread and others like it.

Old 10-30-2013, 06:59 AM

7,723 posts, read 12,614,165 times
Liberal teachers promoting their ideologies in the classroom is what the problem is for me. Wasn't that long ago I was a student in high school and I was disgusted how rampant these folks are in the Florida public school system. They literally wouldn't be teaching the subject. Instead of doing their jobs, they would talk about politics and insert their opinions on the candidates and parties and some atheist teachers would talk about Hawkins and try to incite debates in class. It so incredibly inappropriate and offensive. Looking back, I should have reported them. But I'm not in the business of risking people's jobs. But I guess it didn't matter anyway since they were protected by unions. Which was always one of their talking points. These people are roaches on the system. Let's just say all of my future kids are going to private schools.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:29 AM

13,254 posts, read 33,507,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Liberal teachers promoting their ideologies in the classroom is what the problem is for me. Wasn't that long ago I was a student in high school and I was disgusted how rampant these folks are in the Florida public school system. They literally wouldn't be teaching the subject. Instead of doing their jobs, they would talk about politics and insert their opinions on the candidates and parties and some atheist teachers would talk about Hawkins and try to incite debates in class. It so incredibly inappropriate and offensive. Looking back, I should have reported them. But I'm not in the business of risking people's jobs. But I guess it didn't matter anyway since they were protected by unions. Which was always one of their talking points. These people are roaches on the system. Let's just say all of my future kids are going to private schools.
Because all schools are the same and all teachers are liberals? According to the OP, all teachers are planning to somehow mind-meld our kids into being Pledge-of-Allegiance speaking robots. So confusing!

Any Questions on how to use this site? See this.

Realtors, See This.

Moderator - Lehigh Valley, NEPA, Harrisburg, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, Delaware, Education and Colleges and Universities.

When I post in bold red, that is Moderator action and per the TOS can be discussed only via Direct Message.

Old 10-30-2013, 07:35 AM

16,431 posts, read 22,189,163 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
Liberal teachers promoting their ideologies in the classroom is what the problem is for me.
Same here. Home school.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education