Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 11-30-2013, 01:47 PM
 
6,587 posts, read 5,832,938 times
Reputation: 16783

Advertisements

This looks bogus. There are exact copies found on a couple of blogs, no attribution, no Snopes listing yet.

Long time ago, but mine would have said something like, "bright, but interrupts with joke questions. Does not respect authority. Doodles when teacher is talking. Occasionally late to class."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 11-30-2013, 06:26 PM
LLN
 
Location: Upstairs closet
5,265 posts, read 10,665,217 times
Reputation: 7187
Quote:
Originally Posted by longnecker View Post
Wow Maybe you should look for another job.
Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I teach kids not coddle loser parents.

Oh. I won't even conference with you, either. It would be a waste of my time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 11-30-2013, 10:16 PM
 
6,587 posts, read 5,832,938 times
Reputation: 16783
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Thanks for the unsolicited advice. I teach kids not coddle loser parents.

Oh. I won't even conference with you, either. It would be a waste of my time.

Me too. I'd probably be fired after a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-01-2013, 08:46 AM
 
Location: Long Neck,De
4,792 posts, read 8,147,974 times
Reputation: 4839
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
.
Oh. I won't even conference with you, either. It would be a waste of my time.
Well that is one thing we agree on.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2013, 09:34 AM
 
Location: midwest
1,594 posts, read 1,400,117 times
Reputation: 970
I had a nun tell me that I would "get into a good high school but I would not do well".

My freshman year I got straight A's in math and straight D's in religion.

A lot of teachers are on Authority Trips and they see their job as MOLDING young minds into the distorted garbage that they regard as ideal. I had refused to be a patrol boy for two weeks fo the nun in charge of patrol boys when the school had officially told us it was voluntary.

Of course I had decided I was an agnostic at 12.

psik
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2013, 09:59 AM
 
Location: On the brink of WWIII
21,088 posts, read 29,049,636 times
Reputation: 7812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
These are actual comments made on students' report cards by teachers in the New York City public school system. All teachers were reprimanded, supposedly.
1. Since my last report, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.
2. I would not allow this student to breed.
3. Your child has delusions of adequacy.
4. Your son is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
5. Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
6. The student has a 'full six-pack' but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together.
7. This child has been working with glue too much.
8. When your daughter's IQ reaches 50, she should sell.
9. The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming..
10. If this student were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
11. It's impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.
12. The wheel is turning but the hamster is definitely dead.

Thanks to the new comments. I just updated my spreadsheet...

I am rather patial to the NOT THE BRIGHTEST CRAYON IN THE BOX...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-02-2013, 07:32 PM
 
4,353 posts, read 4,192,811 times
Reputation: 5776
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
Thanks to the new comments. I just updated my spreadsheet...

I am rather patial to the NOT THE BRIGHTEST CRAYON IN THE BOX...
I have heard, although not addressed to a student, "His father should have pulled out." Personally, I tend to err on the side of decorum, so the worst that I have to say about a student is "He's lively." That's code for "I have to pull him off the ceiling when he's not rolling around on the floor." (I teach high school.)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2013, 02:43 AM
 
Location: Tennessee
37,737 posts, read 40,783,268 times
Reputation: 61977
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
These are actual comments made on students' report cards by teachers in the New York City public school system. All teachers were reprimanded, supposedly.
1. Since my last report, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.
2. I would not allow this student to breed.
3. Your child has delusions of adequacy.
4. Your son is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
5. Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
6. The student has a 'full six-pack' but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together.
7. This child has been working with glue too much.
8. When your daughter's IQ reaches 50, she should sell.
9. The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming..
10. If this student were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
11. It's impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.
12. The wheel is turning but the hamster is definitely dead.
Too creative for teachers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-04-2013, 06:04 PM
 
Location: Foot of the Rockies
90,316 posts, read 120,179,658 times
Reputation: 35920
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivorytickler View Post
I have parents who believe that....
Obviously, many CD posters believed this cut and paste.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-07-2013, 09:59 PM
 
2,948 posts, read 2,882,491 times
Reputation: 5028
"Plays well by himself"


That's alright, I have friends in my head
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 11:50 PM.

© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top