U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2013, 09:18 PM

10,365 posts, read 20,506,012 times

Advertisements

Mine always said, "Does not work up to full potential."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2015, 01:03 PM

715 posts, read 771,433 times
just reading through mine again last night and my Art teacher from year 7 didnt like me one bit saying that i had a real problem with art and pencils used to go missing every lesson - never liked art.

Old 04-18-2015, 10:43 PM

1,594 posts, read 1,373,199 times
Nothing I remember on a report card.

A nun told me in 8th grade, "You will get into a good high school but you won't do well."

I got into what was regarded as a good high school. My freshman year I got straight D's in religion and straight A's in math. No comment on the report cards that I recall.

psik

Old 04-18-2015, 11:26 PM

26,147 posts, read 19,335,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62
These are actual comments made on students' report cards by teachers in the New York City public school system.
Hehe thankfully none of mine said all that about me..... They did say alot that I talked too much,etc...........

Old 04-19-2015, 09:57 AM

21,090 posts, read 28,605,330 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
These are actual comments made on students' report cards by teachers in the New York City public school system. All teachers were reprimanded, supposedly.
1. Since my last report, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.
2. I would not allow this student to breed.
3. Your child has delusions of adequacy.
4. Your son is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
5. Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
6. The student has a 'full six-pack' but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together.
7. This child has been working with glue too much.
8. When your daughter's IQ reaches 50, she should sell.
9. The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming..
10. If this student were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
11. It's impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.
12. The wheel is turning but the hamster is definitely dead.
I think I had some variation of most of these at one time or another..particularly #7.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:12 AM

14,255 posts, read 17,668,002 times
I had terrible reports at school (still have the cards). Anyway, 40 years on and I was helping the school out with some fundraising (private school). I happened to comment to the Principal that I was a terrible student (which I was). He replied that just about every 'successful' former pupil he encounters says the same thing.

Old 04-19-2015, 10:17 AM

15,895 posts, read 17,919,588 times
I don't recall the teacher ever writing anything on my report cards.
I guess I was a nonentity in school.

Old 04-20-2015, 06:02 AM

6,423 posts, read 7,086,996 times
Primary school reports usually commented on my "special" friendship with my best friend and how we always distracted each other from our work (they still kept putting us in the same class though!)

Secondary/high school reports mostly commented on me being clever but too cheeky. My general studies teacher said I had a very dry wit that was endearing to all but gave the impression that I wasn't serious about the work....of course I wasn't serious about it, general studies was a complete waste of time!

Old 04-26-2015, 10:07 AM

93 posts, read 75,622 times
"has more potential" ="your child is painfully mediocre"
"doesn't participate enough in class"="doesn't have enough personality"
and the renowned classic-"falls asleep in class"

it's a well known fact in my school that the comments teachers put in report cards are just fancily polished complaints. I did get the occasional "makes relevant points in class" and "works very hard" but only for my favorite classes, like history and english.

Old 04-27-2015, 12:44 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,319,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calvert Hall '62 View Post
These are actual comments made on students' report cards by teachers in the New York City public school system. All teachers were reprimanded, supposedly.
1. Since my last report, your child has reached rock bottom and has started to dig.
2. I would not allow this student to breed.
3. Your child has delusions of adequacy.
4. Your son is depriving a village somewhere of an idiot.
5. Your son sets low personal standards and then consistently fails to achieve them.
6. The student has a 'full six-pack' but lacks the plastic thing to hold it all together.
7. This child has been working with glue too much.
8. When your daughter's IQ reaches 50, she should sell.
9. The gates are down, the lights are flashing, but the train isn't coming..
10. If this student were any more stupid, he'd have to be watered twice a week.
11. It's impossible to believe the sperm that created this child beat out 1,000,000 others.
12. The wheel is turning but the hamster is definitely dead.

Bwahahahahahaha!

Maybe some public school teachers aren't so bad after all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education