Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2014, 02:23 PM

4,460 posts, read 3,988,565 times

Advertisements

Gattaca
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2014, 02:43 PM

8,003 posts, read 11,689,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
How can you tell if a newborn has mental illness?
Oh gosh....all the have to do is run the DNA and scan for abnormalities. Certain abnormalities=presence of, or predisposition for, all kinds of diseases, defects and certain mental disorders.The trouble they're having with it, at this point though, is in how to predict whether the person with a "predisposition" will actually have that "switch turned on".

Fascinating stuff.

Last edited by beachmel; 02-09-2014 at 02:53 PM..

Old 02-09-2014, 06:22 PM

22,579 posts, read 24,396,578 times
Let me guess, yet another brainwashing/mind-control tactic coming from a person with a D after their name.........I could be wrong, but that is my guess??????

Old 02-09-2014, 06:39 PM

7,492 posts, read 11,783,531 times
That is really strange. I can understand the thought behind it, but a lot of mental health issues don't surface until much later on.

Old 02-09-2014, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
That is really strange. I can understand the thought behind it, but a lot of mental health issues don't surface until much later on.
Osito, many times those mental health issues never surface at all. Just because we may be have a predisposition for something, it doesn't mean that we're going to get it. They haven't found all of the switches that turn the disease.

Unfortunately...there is current evidence that many chemicals have to ability to do so, including many prescription drugs, currently being handed out like candy. It's awful. People need to start learning how to care for themselves and rely less on "medicine".

Old 02-09-2014, 07:36 PM

10,599 posts, read 17,808,009 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Just wondering, because that's what Rep. Margaret Markey, NY, wants to do here.

Of course, that also allows the various "professionals" to use that opportunity to badger Johnny and Suzie about their parents' activities, safety precautions, and.....ta-da.....guns in the home. After which a file will be maintained on Johnny, who acts like Tom Sawyer and so, therefore, will be medicated at school by people practicing medicine without a license, and won't be allowed to go hunting with dad.

Yet another reason to send kids to private schools.

Cute how they ignore that THEY were the ones pushing for mainstreaming the mentally ill into "community based programs" out of the state hospital system SINCE JFK and deinstitutionalization...claiming the feds would pay...then never bothered to make it happen and just let the schizophrenics wander the streets unmedicated.

GET OUT NOW WHILE YOU CAN!

Old 02-09-2014, 07:57 PM

40,926 posts, read 48,890,118 times
Wonder if they'll have some type of Affirmative action, grade on a curve scale for under privileged kids ?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Osito, many times those mental health issues never surface at all. Just because we may be have a predisposition for something, it doesn't mean that we're going to get it. They haven't found all of the switches that turn the disease.

Unfortunately...there is current evidence that many chemicals have to ability to do so, including many prescription drugs, currently being handed out like candy. It's awful. People need to start learning how to care for themselves and rely less on "medicine".
How are people with genuine chemical imbalances supposed to rely less on medicine?

Old 02-10-2014, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito View Post
How are people with genuine chemical imbalances supposed to rely less on medicine?
Research alternative methods, including diet and dietary restrictions. So much of modern medicine is focused on "masking and controlling symptoms", because that is where the profit is made. Trust me and educate yourself on this, okay? We need to focus on preventing it and HEALING it..."fixing it", "repairing it". Sadly, some are so damaged that they can't be fixed, but that's rarely the case.

Old 02-10-2014, 02:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beachmel View Post
Research alternative methods, including diet and dietary restrictions. So much of modern medicine is focused on "masking and controlling symptoms", because that is where the profit is made. Trust me and educate yourself on this, okay? We need to focus on preventing it and HEALING it..."fixing it", "repairing it". Sadly, some are so damaged that they can't be fixed, but that's rarely the case.
I do agree that people do rely too much on medicine, but I don't trust all this "health food" craze either, I think it's another scam, and an expensive one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education