Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2019, 09:19 AM

6,922 posts, read 6,981,977 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazzleman View Post
I think I remember you talking about that 3:10 bus and how you (or maybe other kids) sometimes used it after you got out of detention in middle school even though you were supposed to wait for the 3:50 bus.
No, I never took the 3:10 bus after middle school detention, but some other students did. It was only possible if the detention teacher let us out early and/or the 3:10 bus was running late.

Quote:
That's a pretty bad first grader to rip library books. I would never have done that in first grade (or actually any grade).
He ended up in a special school.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2019, 11:49 AM

6,981 posts, read 10,883,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitsguy2001 View Post
No, I never took the 3:10 bus after middle school detention, but some other students did. It was only possible if the detention teacher let us out early and/or the 3:10 bus was running late.

He ended up in a special school.
Yes, I remember you saying that the middle schoolers could only catch that bus (which they weren't supposed to take) if detention ended early or the bus was late.

My high school "crimes" were definitely small time, but I did have a mildly rebellious attitude and I always found it appealing to break another rule when I was on my way out of the detention that I had to serve for my last transgression. There was an exit from the school that required cutting through the main office and students were not allowed to use this exit. At regular dismissal time, they had somebody there to warn off any students who tried to go that way, but by the time we were dismissed from detention much later in the afternoon, it was mostly deserted and there was nobody there to prevent us from cutting through the main office and using that door. The main office was also just steps away from the room where we served detention, and I used to cut through and use that door sometimes when I got out of detention since it went directly out to the parking lot where I was parked.

I'd say my most fun transgression was cutting a class to go for a liquid lunch when I was a senior. It was fun to get a small group together to go hit one of the bars a few miles from the school when we were supposed to be in class. I only did it a few times over the course of my senior year, and I never got away with it, but it was a lot of fun and IMO worth every minute that I spent in detention for it.

Old 03-23-2019, 07:11 PM

772 posts, read 450,892 times
Whenever someone was hogging up a piece of equipment on the playground, I told them that the teacher wanted to talk to them and then took their seat on the swing set (or whatever) when they wandered away

In elementary school I tormented and bullied a girl for being really immature and a crybaby. I ended up feeling pretty bad about it because she was the sweetest to me in middle school and, in high school, we started dating and lost our V-cards to each other

Old 03-23-2019, 07:57 PM

276 posts, read 201,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbk4894 View Post
looking back at your school days , what is the worst thing you did , what do you regret about your school days basically?

for me getting sent to the head teachers office for pointing at someone.
You got sent to the principal just for pointing at someone? They must've been really strict where you went to school.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:04 PM

276 posts, read 201,341 times
Hard to say. I did so much in school but one of the worst things that I and lots of other students did was to be really rowdy in gym class. The way gym class worked was like this, you would get changed for gym and then you would go to the gym room, find a spot on the floor where you would sit down and be quiet and wait for the gym teacher to start class. Anyway this one time me and a whole bunch of other students just wouldn't be quiet. We caused such a ruckus, we were making fun of this other student for having lost his gym socks and yelling and screaming we just wouldn't calm down and we wouldn't be quiet. We were not able to have gym class that day because of that. As punishment, all of us, the entire class, had to miss two days of recess. Looking back I still say it was worth missing two days of recess.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:23 PM

772 posts, read 450,892 times
Whenever the teacher would tell me that he / she was going to talk to my parents when they picked me up, I just hitched a ride with a kid who lived a few streets down from me

I just always got a kick out of outsmarting the teacher like that.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:52 PM

7,785 posts, read 7,988,114 times
One day we all brought screw drivers to school and disconnected all the schoolbus seats from the floor of the bus on the way to school.They all went crashing when the driver left.We never got caught,stashed the tools in the bushes.

Old 03-24-2019, 12:32 AM

1,764 posts, read 1,661,347 times
I was in H.S. in the 70's it was a carefree, laid back time. The teachers weren't really overly involved and/or aware with what the students were doing.

Everyone was smoking cigarettes/weed near the football field, including some of the teachers.

We use to put vodka in our Tab sodas and during the lunch break we went to our muscle cars burned rubber out of the parking lot, with Skynyrd or Zeppelin blaring on the 8-track and did a little racing on these long roads near the H.S. Then back to school.

If my friends and I cut class we just wrote our own note, if we needed a note. Things back then weren't micro managed like today. I loved being a teenager in the 70's.

Old 03-24-2019, 01:05 AM

776 posts, read 389,879 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 70's Music Girl View Post
I was in H.S. in the 70's it was a carefree, laid back time. The teachers weren't really overly involved and/or aware with what the students were doing.

Everyone was smoking cigarettes/weed near the football field, including some of the teachers.

We use to put vodka in our Tab sodas and during the lunch break we went to our muscle cars burned rubber out of the parking lot, with Skynyrd or Zeppelin blaring on the 8-track and did a little racing on these long roads near the H.S. Then back to school.

If my friends and I cut class we just wrote our own note, if we needed a note. Things back then weren't micro managed like today. I loved being a teenager in the 70's.
I feel like many adults exaggerate how strict the past was in order to prevent their kids from asking, "Why won't let me do what you did at my age?"

Old 03-24-2019, 01:19 AM

1,666 posts, read 958,735 times
Hmm... I coulda gotten in a lot of trouble!!

During lunch recess, we would be near the gym. We would sneak and watch the older classes change into their Physical Education clothes. Also we caught garter snakes and slipped them inside the girls dressing room.

In the 8th grade, a few fellow students lost our lunch recess and had detention. I didn't need to use the bathroom then until halfway through the detention. I asked the teacher if I could be excused and she said that I should have used it before detention. And I had to go bad. Well she left the classroom and well, there was a sink in the classroom. I just want to say that I DID run water while relieving myself. And the classmates kept an eye out for me. Oh man...I was so relieved but so scared I was going to get ratted out.

In the back of our gym, there was a staircase. We took the basketballs and a few of us went to the top. When the others came to get the balls for PE, we gave them alright. We got in so much trouble for that. Also for spraypainting the rafters!

We had a French teacher. She smoked heavily and wore a lot of make up and perfume. She really smelled bad. She had huge hair too. We would shoot spitballs in her hair. Some would fall out. And a few...Well I kid you not, made it back to the class the next day. In her hair!

I mellowed out until senior year. I quit twice and my last senior year I only had first hour. It was only credit needed to graduate. I went to school several times after pulling an all nighter of drinking. Also had hangovers. It was just for an hour. But damn it was rough!!!

Smoked weed on the way to school. My teacher knew it. I also put the "high" in high school. Near the recreation department, there is a small brick wall with a plaque. I sat on it a few times while smoking a fatty.

There was a guy in our PE class. Now... I didn't do it. Someone, yea, I know who it was... put Icy Hot in his gym shorts. Oh man. When we started our workout, he started getting hot. Well coach found out and we ended up running all hour long.

We had a green house in Agriculture. One year I planted some marijuana seeds. And they grew up to be some pretty plants! It was an old house and the teacher hardly went in there. Well the plants was found and nobody knew who did it. Until now...

The newer green house we used, we were pulling weeds out of the flowers. Until someone decided to throw a mud ball around. AND NO, IT WASN'T ME!!! We got a little muddy. And someone, again, not me! had a great idea of balling mud around a rock. Nobody was paying attention and we were in the moment. Well someone threw the one with the rock and it hit the door. Right before the teacher came inside. He saw the mud ball go through the door. Oh man. Straight to the principles office. We didn't get in trouble. I was shocked! He actually laughed. Then again, we all been in his office many times.

A little bright side...

On my way to school one day, I stopped at McDonald's for breakfast. And by the time I got to school and ate, I was late. I had to write a tardy slip and the reason I stated was because of the long line at McDonald's. It was excused!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education