Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2022, 05:23 PM

1,394 posts, read 1,258,045 times

Advertisements

Smoked pot in the rafters above the stage/basketball court: heard the voices below (no event happening at the time), but OH! the danger of it all! High school jinx so fun.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2022, 06:41 PM

837 posts, read 506,628 times
We shorted out half the outlets in the school over the course of a few weeks. We cut extension chords, wired them to light switches, and wrapped it all in electrical tape. They ended up bringing in electricians trying to solve the problem, but we quit before we got caught. I remember the principal walking the guys around to different rooms we had hit and talking about the timeline of the problem.

Old 10-07-2022, 03:05 PM

835 posts, read 475,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I agree. There's certain things you have to take to the grave.

Not really. The US Justice system has much larger fish to fry than to scour a message board reading about youth hijinks that happened three or four decades ago, most of which aren’t prosecutable crimes, and, even if they were, it’s likely that there is insufficient evidence, the statute of limitations expired, the offense was in some way or another forgiven, pardoned, or otherwise….Basically, they don’t care, unless your “youth hijinks” involved murder, rape, espionage, or other such crimes, which none of these do. Share your stories at will.

Old 10-07-2022, 04:30 PM

13,284 posts, read 8,448,254 times
1: Third grade: let air out of pastors tires.
2: Senior year: Saran wrapped our genetic teachers car.
3: Pulled the fire alarm .

Old 10-09-2022, 09:42 AM

8,658 posts, read 3,861,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zthatzmanz28 View Post
I would tell you but I do not think the statutes of limitations are expired...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocko20 View Post
I agree. There's certain things you have to take to the grave.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterRice View Post
Not really. The US Justice system has much larger fish to fry than to scour a message board reading about youth hijinks that happened three or four decades ago, most of which aren’t prosecutable crimes, and, even if they were, it’s likely that there is insufficient evidence, the statute of limitations expired, the offense was in some way or another forgiven, pardoned, or otherwise….Basically, they don’t care, unless your “youth hijinks” involved murder, rape, espionage, or other such crimes, which none of these do. Share your stories at will.
For most, ‘youth hijinks’ is relative to drinking/parties, sex, pranks, starting a fight, ditching class and so on. That someone is bringing up the statute of limitations (in any capacity) is not a good sign, lol. Obviously, it goes beyond ‘naughty’ (hate that word) school days, per the thread, in their case.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:02 AM

5,092 posts, read 14,829,848 times
In grade school in 1949, I was not naughty, I was an actual criminal.

On "Bond and Bank Day" at the school, a friend and I broke into the school, broke into the storage room, broke into a steel cabinet, and stole about $375.

Our only tool was a Boy Scout pocket knife.

Eventually we were caught, went to Juvenile Court, got probation, and had to pay back the money.

We were never expelled from school, but were considered "Bad Boys" for years.

Old 10-11-2022, 09:09 AM

30,253 posts, read 23,727,877 times
A little bit of graffiti that was not kind to the principal.

Old 10-16-2022, 01:11 PM

985 posts, read 540,943 times
Ditching. We were allowed to miss 10 days per semester without being held back so I'd usually ditch 5 days and keep 5 just in case I got sick.

Old 10-16-2022, 02:47 PM

8,658 posts, read 3,861,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCS414 View Post
Ditching. We were allowed to miss 10 days per semester without being held back so I'd usually ditch 5 days and keep 5 just in case I got sick.
Too funny; if one is doing what is ‘allowed’, it isn’t ditching, lol. The point was to not be somewhere you’re supposed to be (or where your parents think you are) in high-school, while doing something else you shouldn’t have been doing. :-)

Old 10-16-2022, 05:54 PM

113 posts, read 80,238 times
“Accidentally” took home the teacher’s edition of our mathematics textbook, because it had all the solving and answers in the back.

I was tired of struggling
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education