Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-08-2015, 08:45 AM

4,383 posts, read 4,234,636 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Momma_bear View Post
Many times changing schools is not really an option. Rules should not be blindly followed.

I would rather there wasn't a dress code. Girls should be allowed to wear what they want and not be shamed because they choose something that is sexy.
No rules at all? We have girls who are getting away with wearing mesh tops with only a bra on underneath or midriff tops that display their belly button rings. I consider that sexual harassment of me. I should be able to work in an environment where I don't have to look at people's underwear. I was subjected to four inches of cleavage Friday when a student bent over to get something from her bookbag. I prefer that students dress modestly for school. An outfit that is great for Friday night at the club is not always appropriate for Friday morning in class.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2015, 10:59 AM

19,480 posts, read 25,145,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lhpartridge View Post
No rules at all? We have girls who are getting away with wearing mesh tops with only a bra on underneath or midriff tops that display their belly button rings. I consider that sexual harassment of me. I should be able to work in an environment where I don't have to look at people's underwear. I was subjected to four inches of cleavage Friday when a student bent over to get something from her bookbag. I prefer that students dress modestly for school. An outfit that is great for Friday night at the club is not always appropriate for Friday morning in class.
Heck, since our local HSs do not have a breast cleavage rule, you sometimes see four inches of cleavage when a large chested girl is just sitting in class. Since there are not written rules, the unwritten rule is that you just can not show your nipples. Sheesh, I'm a woman and even I have been embarrassed by some of the low cut tops that a few girls wear.

Old 02-09-2015, 01:34 PM

21,863 posts, read 25,129,659 times
Quote:
Many times changing schools is not really an option. Rules should not be blindly followed.

I would rather there wasn't a dress code. Girls should be allowed to wear what they want and not be shamed because they choose something that is sexy.
But let me guess, if guys choose to express themselves by gawking/commenting on sexy attire you'd have a problem with it.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:27 PM

30,633 posts, read 18,214,590 times
That's a very classy dress to me! I don't see the problem, but, then again, don't know all of the specifics.

Old 02-09-2015, 03:32 PM

11,642 posts, read 23,904,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malloric View Post
But let me guess, if guys choose to express themselves by gawking/commenting on sexy attire you'd have a problem with it.
Yes I would. Women should not have to dress so that men will behave themselves. Men should just behave.

Old 02-09-2015, 06:50 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,211,406 times
Quote:
Yes I would. Women should not have to dress so that men will behave themselves. Men should just behave.
We are talking about school....Kids...not adults. I think there should be boundaries....Parents should teach their children boundaries, both males and females. But, because some parents don't care, witness some comments in this thread........schools have dress codes. Always have and always will...

Old 02-12-2015, 09:03 PM

22,146 posts, read 33,524,353 times
Lol some people need to get a freaking life. It's a great dress and nothing wrong with it. I think the girl looked very pretty. People should just mind their own business and stop trying to project their " morals" on others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education