Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2015, 09:34 PM

1,231 posts, read 2,082,339 times

Advertisements

She actually doesn't take the bus because there's no bus stop nearby our house. Luckily there's one by the new house for the new HS. The district is going to make her transfer to the new HS when we move no matter what and my daughter doesn't wanna stay at her current HS. I'm just hoping that the district can transfer her sooner instead of the middle of the last quarter of the year, it would make the transition much easier. School for my daughter ends the second week of June and the 4th quarter starts the week right after Spring Break.

Thanks everybody, I'll call the district soon. Hopefully, they'll let her switch at the beginning of fourth quarter, since our current house is actually closer to the new HS. It makes me feel better that districts seem to be very accommodating to intradistrict moves and that there's a chance she can go to the new HS before we recieve the closing documents for the new house.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2015, 10:14 PM

8,268 posts, read 8,643,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4122 View Post
She actually doesn't take the bus because there's no bus stop nearby our house. Luckily there's one by the new house for the new HS. The district is going to make her transfer to the new HS when we move no matter what and my daughter doesn't wanna stay at her current HS. I'm just hoping that the district can transfer her sooner instead of the middle of the last quarter of the year, it would make the transition much easier. School for my daughter ends the second week of June and the 4th quarter starts the week right after Spring Break.

Thanks everybody, I'll call the district soon. Hopefully, they'll let her switch at the beginning of fourth quarter, since our current house is actually closer to the new HS. It makes me feel better that districts seem to be very accommodating to intradistrict moves and that there's a chance she can go to the new HS before we recieve the closing documents for the new house.

Why would you move her if you haven't closed on the house? What if the sale falls through? Will you switch her back again?

Old 03-12-2015, 09:08 AM

Because the house is supposed to close in the middle of the last quarter of the school year and it would be a much easier transition for her to switch at the start of fourth quarter, so she can transition better academically and socially. If the sale falls through while she's already at the school, she'll stay at her new HS since our current house is in an option area between the new HS and the current HS.

Old 03-12-2015, 09:54 AM

24,204 posts, read 19,191,156 times
Call the school, not the district.

Old 03-12-2015, 11:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Call the school, not the district.
Thanks. Who in the school should I call?

Old 03-12-2015, 01:35 PM

5,103 posts, read 8,602,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4122 View Post
Thanks. Who in the school should I call?
Phone the principal's office, explain what you want, and they will put you in touch with the appropriate administrator.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education