Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-16-2015, 12:35 PM

1,793 posts, read 1,441,821 times

Advertisements

All these attention ***** parents putting up videos of their "skills". Sad, how humiliating for the family. The Dad values his own ego over his sons academic success.

One question. Who bought him the XBox?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-16-2015, 12:43 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,058 times
I wish I had money like these people so I could just destroy high priced stuff without worrying about the money. Must have quite a bit if you feel comfortable destroying items that cost hundreds of dollars. "Grraaah! You misbehaved/have bad grades so I'm just going to smash/make you smash $400+!" At least sell the damn thing if you really don't want them to have it anymore... OR if you really have that much money to burn all willy nilly, give the cash away, might as well if you're going to smash expensive items on a whim. Idiots.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:36 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Why do parents/families feel the need to publish this stuff online? Is it some sort of ego boost or validation seeking behavior? Jeez.
That was my first thought. If you want to punish your kid in this manner, by all means do so, but doing it on YouTube speaks volumes about the parent as well, and not in a good way.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:47 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,302,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CSD610 View Post
According to you and what you believe not according to this man and his decisions in regards to his child.
No ****.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:47 PM

25,958 posts, read 22,113,827 times
My older son was an honor student and now an LTC in the Army Reserve but for punishment, I got a couple big boxes and bags, loaded everything but his dresser, bed and alarm clock and hauled it to the basement until he was able to do "the right thing". The younger son, I just locked the Nintendo in the truck of my car until he too, "did the right thing". I don't understand destroying property and my kids were punished for that. Slamming doors and destroying property means one needs to grow up and/or go to a course in anger management. Tantrums are for 2 year olds.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Well, no s***.
This is a forum where we get to discuss how things should be according to us.
LOL Should have read ahead.

Old 05-16-2015, 01:52 PM

29,513 posts, read 22,647,873 times
Notice how the internets and social media makes all people want their 15 minutes of fame.

Just like that moron who used a gun to shoot up his daughter's laptop, the viral media crowd ate it up and considered him a 'hero.'

Talk about overkill.

So predictable, think up some 'offense' that one can use to showboat over and post it to youtube, then sit back and wait as it makes the viral video rounds. Laugh over all the controversy and attention and hand wringing and soul searching debate over punishment and right or wrong, yada yada yada.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:20 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,733,496 times
You all have watched a two minute and thirty second video. That's it. A very tiny view in to someone's life. You judge, but you have zero idea what this father has already tried before. If this is what the father deemed necessary to get through to his kid, then that's how it is.

Who cares if the x-box was destroyed? The more important issue is that at least this kid has parents who are involved, and will not accept failing in school. Better that than to have parents who don't have a clue what their kids are doing, or don't care at all.

Old 05-16-2015, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
You all have watched a two minute and thirty second video. That's it. A very tiny view in to someone's life. You judge, but you have zero idea what this father has already tried before. If this is what the father deemed necessary to get through to his kid, then that's how it is.

Who cares if the x-box was destroyed? The more important issue is that at least this kid has parents who are involved, and will not accept failing in school. Better that than to have parents who don't have a clue what their kids are doing, or don't care at all.
It seems stupid to destroy something to prove a point. Get rid of it, yes. But why destroy it and broadcast the act of doing so?

Old 05-16-2015, 05:15 PM

1,156 posts, read 1,968,058 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post

Because of course this teaches the kid the most important lesson of all. When you get mad, break stuff. Or make someone break their own stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education