Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2015, 01:20 PM

396 posts, read 409,733 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
When I was in kindergarten in 1959, it was a 2 room school. K-4 in one room and 5-6 in the other. 5-6 had a younger male teacher and he was taking 3 girls to his lake house for gymnastics. You wonder what kind of gymnastics? Well, one of the 3 became pregnant, a 12 year old. Because I was so young, I don't know a lot of details but she went to a home for unwed mothers to have her baby and give it up for adoption and he was fired or forced to resign.

Where it gets extra creepy, years later I met someone from Chicago, a school teacher I was working with in AZ, and Chicago was probably 2 hours away from where I grew up. I was relating the story to her and just a few years later, there was a male teacher by that name in the school where she was that did the same thing and he had the same name as the one from my hometown.

So, the rest of my life because of this sick perv, I was under guard by my dad. I truly don't blame him looking back.

They had 3 perv incidents in the last school district we were in. Female dance teacher married two months having an affair and when they started, he was 16 so what could be verified during that time got her on the sexual predator list. Another was a teacher whose son would bring home female students to use their sun room for tanning and there was a hole in the wall and they were being taped. Lastly, a teacher, old guy, was having an affair with a female student and she got pregnant. He married her and they left the state.

I think some of this stuff slips through the cracks if they can keep it quiet. A lot of times, there are suspicions but no one acts on them.

Punishment is good but prevention is better. Can't really trust anyone anymore.
Heinous and shouldn't be forgotten, but stuff like this should be tempered. Assumptions that no one can be trusted anymore and fear of institutionalized wrongdoing are really part of the problem.

Sexual exploitation is a sad reality of the human condition. Always has been and always will be. As a teacher we are constantly drilled on protocol as to what to do in the event that we have even the slightest inkling of improper conduct, and I can tell you that I have yet to meet the person who did not take it seriously. More importantly, there is a very real movement in education and elsewhere emphasizing a higher level of ethics. That doesn't, however, mean that it won't occur.

If you decide to sit down and submit to fear, paranoia, and despondency, those are exactly the shades you will see in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2015, 12:38 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
The guy is still at old my school and my baby was going to have him until he changed his schedule.
I hate my old high school.

Old 09-04-2015, 09:24 AM

3,349 posts, read 2,847,183 times
He finally got fired!��

Old 09-04-2015, 01:13 PM

16,825 posts, read 17,728,104 times
I used to teach sophomore chemistry. Once on the last day of school we were chit chatting as a class about what junior level physics was like and their expectations. One of my best students announced her dad was not excited she was taking physics next year. So I asked her why. She says that her father teaches physics and proceeds to tell the whole story of how when her father was 22 he taught her mother, than 17 physics his first year. The mother got pregnant (with my student) and had her a few months after graduating. She waited another year before telling anyone who the father was and only then in order to marry him. Now nearly 15 years later they are still happily married, have two other children and he is still a teacher (I think he switched districts before they married).

Normally I have the typically skeeved out response most people do but I am not sure I think this students father belongs in jail or if his family and the community would be best served by jailing him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education