Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2017, 01:52 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,003,591 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruth4Truth View Post
My initial reaction is: lawyer up. The principal is allowing a hostile environment toward your daughter to perpetuate. And her solution is to punish your daughter, rather than removing the misbehaving child.

You should ask if the parents of the problematic child have been notified of their son's behavior. Have you already told her that removing your daughter from the class, wen she's done nothing wrong, is unacceptable, and that you want the inappropriate behavior stopped?

The boy doesn't seem ready for school.
Completely agree. I would definitely press the school further and if that includes legal action don't hesitate. OP, Your daughter being removed from the class because she's the victim seems senseless. Sounds like a horrible situation all together.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2017, 02:26 PM

16,715 posts, read 19,400,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CGab View Post
This is your child and you must protect her and others that this might be happening to! Go to the school tomorrow and demand this child be removed from your daughters class! If that doesn't happen then, call the school board and let them know that the principal has done nothing to stop this. NEXT STEP, LAWYER!!!
I'm with CGab on this.

I would call CPS to report the incidents, and park my fat butt in the principal's office to demand something be done immediately.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:54 PM

37,409 posts, read 53,543,435 times
If your child is being repeatedly touched and hit in the genitals by another child, and that child is threatening her not to say anything about it, you need to intervene.

If the principal persists in minimizing an assault and sweeping it under the rug, you will need to go further up the ladder.

Old 06-05-2017, 02:55 PM

Document the administration's responses, and keep any communication you have with them in writing.

Old 06-05-2017, 03:27 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
So Rubie did you get any further clarity on what's going on at the school in the meeting with the principal today?

Old 06-06-2017, 02:13 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Rubie has been on site since her scheduled meeting.

I think we would appreciate the courtesy of hearing what happened (or is happening).

Old 06-07-2017, 01:12 PM
Status: "I don't understand. But I don't care, so it works out." (set 1 day ago)

35,580 posts, read 17,923,325 times
Just venturing a guess - this didn't turn out to be one-sided like she initially believed.

In cases where you don't know the whole story and your child has only told you their incomplete side of it, it's a great thing to wait on calling the school board and the police.

Because how embarrassing.

IMHO.

Old 06-07-2017, 03:21 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Just venturing a guess - this didn't turn out to be one-sided like she initially believed.

In cases where you don't know the whole story and your child has only told you their incomplete side of it, it's a great thing to wait on calling the school board and the police.

IMHO.
Bad things do happen in schools (just like any place else), but in the schools I have taught and administered in, most panicky parents (not all) learn that the truth of incidents may not be good, but are not very often exactly like they believed.

Old 06-07-2017, 04:20 PM

19,480 posts, read 25,129,262 times
Quote:

IMHO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Bad things do happen in schools (just like any place else), but in the schools I have taught and administered in, most panicky parents (not all) learn that the truth of incidents may not be good, but are not very often exactly like they believed.
I have seen it happen dozens of times where a child tells Mom & Dad that X happened, and completely blames another child, but it was really XYZ and they were a part of whatever happened. And, sometimes a child will tell a parent ABC happened and what really happened was DEF, something completely, completely different.

But, I do hope that the OP comes back to tell us what happened.

Old 06-07-2017, 10:37 PM

Quote:

IMHO.
Except that, per the original post, the information that the child was hit in the genitalia came, not from the child, but via a call from the Principal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education