Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2019, 09:23 AM

8,079 posts, read 10,068,765 times

Advertisements

"Hot" teachers?

Global Warming.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:55 AM

4,859 posts, read 6,917,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
"Hot" teachers?

Global Warming.

Forced transfer out of Hot teacher's room to old battle axe's room due to staring.

Climate Change.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:02 AM

1,360 posts, read 1,389,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post

Damn, when I was in HS I guarantee NONE of us found any of our teachers hot or sexy much less wanted to do any of them, they all looked really old and wore matronly clothes, and I graduated in 2005 FTR. There was only one woman when I was in school that guys would refer to as hot but she wasn't even a teacher, she was the cheerleading coach lol. Boy have times changed!

Lol, young teachers became "hot" when you became a naughty old man ! Lol

Old 03-26-2019, 10:28 AM

8,046 posts, read 7,416,680 times
I guess the OP is talking about the ones that get busted for sex with minors. But not all of them are hot, just the ones whose pictures go viral. The troll-creatures that get busted go into the dog-bites-man file.

Old 03-26-2019, 10:57 AM

5,110 posts, read 3,066,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azureth View Post
Earlier today I overheard a very...interesting conversation. I went to pick up some groceries and sat down on one of the benches to smoke a cigarette, three teen boys came up and sat down on the other bench and just started talking typical teen boy stuff, but eventually they got on to the topic about how hot their teachers were, saying stuff like "Yeah, Mrs. x is sexy as ****" and "Oh I would love to screw Mrs. Y" etc. etc. And they mentioned maybe 3 or 4 of them.

Damn, when I was in HS I guarantee NONE of us found any of our teachers hot or sexy much less wanted to do any of them, they all looked really old and wore matronly clothes, and I graduated in 2005 FTR. There was only one woman when I was in school that guys would refer to as hot but she wasn't even a teacher, she was the cheerleading coach lol. Boy have times changed!
Do you think maybe it's psychological, like the whole teacher/student fantasy is a newer fetish fantasy that perhaps didn't get around back as much in the 80s and before that, near as much as it does now?

Old 03-26-2019, 11:45 AM

2,114 posts, read 2,343,021 times
Throughout my entire school career, which began in the 1960s and ended in the early 1970s, I only recall two female teachers who I considered attractive.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:29 PM

28,660 posts, read 18,761,634 times
There is also a psychological point that might hit some earlier than others.

When I was in the 7th grade, I got along very well with my English teacher because I was rather an English nerd. I recall her as a nice middle-aged women, but kind of mousy and nowhere near as attractive as my mother or Mary Rose Benson (the girl who lived a block down from me).

During the last month of my senior year--when classes were pretty much done and we were just killing time--I decided to pay my old 7th grade English teacher a lunch-hour visit back at the old junior high school. So I drove across town to her school and checked in with the office.

One of the office aides showed me to her room, where she was having lunch. As the girl pointed me at the door, I looked through it at my old teacher. At the same moment, she looked out at me, and I immediately saw recognition in her eyes.

But I didn't recognize her at all. Damn, that babe was fiiiiiiiiiiiine!

We spent twenty or thirty minutes in chit-chat, what I'd been doing (she'd seen me in the paper a couple of times), what she'd been doing, et cetera.

And I was sitting there trying to reconcile the image in my head with who I was looking at then.

As it turned out, she had actually been fresh out of college in my 7th grade year, very much younger than I'd thought her.

To this day, I don't know if she was objectively more attractive (doing something different with herself) or if my perception of "older" women had changed...or both. And I still have two different images in my head.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:44 PM

11,630 posts, read 12,688,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by parentologist View Post
There began to be "hot" teachers after the last of the Greatest Generation and the Silent Generation (those who came of age during the Korean War and preceded the Baby Boom generation) retired. You see, women born before the Baby Boom generation had very limited choices in professional work - they could be nurses, teachers, and secretaries. That was about it. So the bright women who didn't like blood and guts went into teaching. And they stayed in it for a long, long time, because with tenure, it's very hard to get someone to retire, and the pensions were only about half of the salaries of those teachers with 30 or more years in the system. So they were a huge cohort of smart, talented women who went into teaching in the 40s, 50s, and early 60s who just aged in place. I remember being absolutely SHOCKED when my public elementary school in NYC hired a new, young teacher in about 1971. All the women (and they were virtually all women) teachers I knew were all "mature" women, none of them Boomer generation. And boy were they smart! And hard-working. That new young teacher was a dope - but she was representative of her cohort. But no surprise, because ALL the daughters of those smart, hard-working Greatest Generation and Silent Generation women teachers were busy becoming doctors and lawyers - virtually none of them went into teaching. Most of the women from the Baby Boom generation onwards who went into teaching were not very bright - as seen by the fact that states had to institute mandatory basic skills tests for teachers, to screen out people who had obtained education degrees, but could barely write or do arithmetic!

Anyhow, I digress. The reason that all our teachers were old women, and none were "hot" young women, is because of the Greatest Generation and Silent Generation teachers who made up the vast majority of the teachers in the country, and stayed on and on, retiring as late as they could, because their pensions were a lot less than their salaries. Finally, they are all gone now, retired or deceased. God bless them, some of them were bitter old women who should have been doctors and lawyers and CEOs, and took out their frustrations on the kids, but they were all smart and hard-working, and many of them were excellent teachers. The country will never see the likes of them again in teaching, because women have the ability to choose other careers now. So teaching has become the place where not very bright young women (and some men) wind up, because it's not very financially rewarding (sure, there are teachers in areas with extremely high cost of living who make >100K, but simple housing in those areas costs well over a million!), nor is it highly respected. And of course, there are some wonderful exceptions, but not that many. But some of those young teachers, of course, are very attractive, especially if you're a bored, hormonally driven adolescent male confined to the classroom day after day!
All very true! When I compare teacher quality from my generation to some of my kid's teachers, there is no comparison. The exception would be a couple of high school teachers who were new to the area and had Ph.D. degrees. As soon as they got a "regular" job, they were out of there. I just saw a teacher the other day write "investagater" on the white board with her fancy colored markers. Agree with everything that you said about female teachers. This is another reason why there is a teacher shortage in some parts of the US. Women had limited career choices and then they quit or were forced to resign when they got married and/or had children.

Old 03-26-2019, 01:47 PM

599 posts, read 497,946 times
I was scrolling through the main categories on the "general forums" section and saw this question. My mind immediately answered, "Obviously AFTER I graduated". I can think of two memorable exceptions during my educational career. One was bat poop crazy, the other was a militant lesbian who hated all males. Other than that it was business as usual.

Old 03-26-2019, 04:58 PM

7,058 posts, read 9,073,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
I started teaching in 1984 and there were definitely hot teachers on staff then, many who'd been hired in the 1970s.

I think that in a lot of areas that late 60s was when younger teachers started to be hired. That was when the Depression era, or before, teachers started to age out. Many of them had been hired in a time when female teachers remained unmarried if they wanted to stay employed, at least in rural areas.

I didn't have a married woman teacher until 7th grade. Elementary they were all spinsters. Well, didn't have a male teacher until then either.
When I was in the 3rd grade (1960-something), I had the hots for the 4th grade teach- she was blonde, buxom, gorgeous and single, 'Miss __________'. I was going to be in her class the next year, all summer I dreamed of it. I was crushed when I walked into her classroom on the first day of 4th grade...and the name on the blackboard said 'Mrs. ____________'.

9th grade English, before 1975, Miss ______. She was a fox, fresh out of college. She wore button-down blouses and mini-skirts, and high leather boots...and had a habit of sitting sidewards on the front edge of her desk, with her legs crossed. I remember *nothing* about that class except sitting there staring at her and dreaming of running away with her. I flunked that class, I don't think there was a single guy who passed.

'Hot' teachers have been around for a long time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.