Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-10-2019, 09:20 AM

134 posts, read 192,025 times

Advertisements

Just wondering how you would go about getting in contact with a former teacher who has left the school after you had left it??? any suggestions???

Been interested in getting in touch with a high school teacher I had when I was at school, found out from another former teacher she retired from the school well after I left, how would you go about trying to get in touch with her??? any suggestions or tips???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2019, 11:32 AM

8,712 posts, read 6,760,486 times
Well, in my case, I reconnected with a truly admired high school teacher - he had graduated from that school only about ten years previously, a real "Mr. Kotter" kind of experience - because he showed up on the front page of the city newspaper after being ticketed for using a pair of proto-rollerblades to commute on downtown streets.

But I'd try Facebook etc. with all the clues you have for searching. If you can put a few unique data points with a name, it's surprisingly easy to find individuals.

Old 05-10-2019, 02:05 PM

50,806 posts, read 24,310,427 times
A number of my former students have contacted me via Facebook...so far, all welcome contacts.

Old 05-13-2019, 12:51 PM

749 posts, read 580,342 times
Other than social media networks
and people finding sites that may not be reliable
or up to date, as a last resort hire a private eye.
This should be easy for them. They can find the
information without snooping or stalking.

It's not like television, of course.

Old 05-13-2019, 07:20 PM

5,278 posts, read 6,211,973 times
If the teacher is not on facebook the school itself might have a page. And never underestimate a decent search engine.

Old 05-15-2019, 08:51 PM

509 posts, read 554,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrpeatie View Post
If the teacher is not on facebook the school itself might have a page. And never underestimate a decent search engine.
This. Even if she's retired, you can ask on the page, "Does anyone know what Mrs. Soandso is up to, I miss her."

Or if you're still in the area, go to the school. Someone else there may know exactly how to find her and help you out.

Old 05-15-2019, 09:21 PM

5 posts, read 2,631 times
That you came to the right place! The obvious option is social networks.

You can come to the school where you studied and politely ask the person who has access to the documents his number or address, explaining the reason. This will be the disclosure of personal data, I understand, but you are not doing it from evil, but with good intentions, so you should not refuse.

Do you remember the name of his wife or husband? You can find these people, and through them it.

Remember the favorite things about which he spoke, his grandmother's house, favorite cafe, or his friends who will help you find this person.

This is only part of my knowledge, but this will be enough.

Old 05-16-2019, 05:57 AM

4,361 posts, read 7,074,989 times
Facebook

Peoplesearch site

Whitepages site

"Google images" site (images.google.com)

Old 05-21-2019, 02:12 AM

23,688 posts, read 9,380,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mej210390 View Post
Just wondering how you would go about getting in contact with a former teacher who has left the school after you had left it??? any suggestions???

Been interested in getting in touch with a high school teacher I had when I was at school, found out from another former teacher she retired from the school well after I left, how would you go about trying to get in touch with her??? any suggestions or tips???
I would search facebook if i was you,OP.

Old 05-21-2019, 03:59 AM

14,784 posts, read 24,083,908 times
im still looking for one of my jr high teachers and I left a msg for her with the school and with the principal who knew her if they hear from her again . it has been two years though I doubt I will ever find her . she was not married back then and they did not say if she had married since so all I know is her maiden name .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education