Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2019, 12:16 PM

43,119 posts, read 18,281,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
Interesting since nouns in Spanish have a pre-assigned gender!

Just another thing for the boys to tease each other over. Or do they get expelled for that now?
And not only Spanish. Going to be interesting to see how progressives deal with this.

But that would mean that students would also need to know the preferred gender for anyone and everyone in order to use "el" or "la" when using the common nouns.

How would one grade work like that :

Old 08-15-2019, 12:56 PM

16,289 posts, read 32,350,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heart84 View Post
Should middle schoolers be allowed to use "preferred" gender pronouns and to be able to self-identify as the Easter Bunny or whatever else they want to because we are in "woke" 2019.

There was a teacher out in California caught very recently distributing "gender identity - gender unicorn" propaganda to middle schoolers. The teacher was demanding to be called "Mx." instead of Mr. It is all an agenda to sexualize and confuse kids from an early age. Just imagine people like Epstein only about 10X worse running the show. That is what K-12 education has become today.
NO, NO, NO they should not be able to do that. Education should be just that, education. Science shows that boys are boys and girls are girls. Someone can want to be something all day long but it does not make it happen.

We say it is wrong for kids to have sex. Why sexual-ize the childhood experience?

I have been trying to self identify as a Billionaire. My lifestyle shows something completely different.

What we should have is teachers that work toward getting indoctrination out of the education system.

I have kids in school. My youngest will be entering the 8th grade next week. She is 100% girl. The only reason that a 12 year old girl or boy would even think they could go by some other identity is if some school teacher tried indoctrinating them to think that being something that you are not is OK.

Kids should be kids and sexual identifying has nothing to do with being a kid. Indoctrinating young minds should not be in the classroom either. You have no idea how much time parents have to spend talking to their kids about what is right and wrong, teaching kids how to think, teaching kids how to read, write, and figure out math because of schools today.

After a complete childhood and a kid goes on to become an adult they can make their own choices about what they choose to be. Lets wait until they are adults.

Old 08-15-2019, 02:34 PM

6,503 posts, read 3,437,106 times
"If you do your homework, get to class on time, and don't interrupt the lesson, I'll call you whatever you want!"

Old 08-15-2019, 03:52 PM

2,234 posts, read 2,405,976 times
The world is just getting more goofy... the kids are doomed.

Old 08-15-2019, 03:59 PM

19,807 posts, read 9,367,244 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by adriank7 View Post
a post from my nieces teacher:

Attention teacher friends- i am a spanish teacher in buffalo grove and my team has decided how to incorporate asking for pronouns in a non-invasive way since we teach 6, 7 and 8th grade and the kids may be shy about it. We are having each student record their first and last name to assist us in pronunciation (using me llamo... Of course, lol) and they are then to add- and my preferred pronouns are... We have given them examples of what we would be saying if we were doing the assignment and the kids are submitting through our online classroom system. Who else pledges to start the year asking for pronouns?

Is this just overly progressive and confusing?
YES, it is.

How in the world did anyone survive for hundreds (if not thousands) of years without all this PC garbage?!

Old 08-15-2019, 06:21 PM

17,581 posts, read 13,362,412 times
Absolutely NOT, they are manufacturing a progressive issue that will haunt us for generations in the future

Old 08-15-2019, 07:05 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,256,790 times
In my organization, I've noticed that only women put their preferred pronouns in their email signature, and it's always she, her, hers.

Accomplishes nothing....

Old 08-15-2019, 07:14 PM

999 posts, read 553,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adriank7 View Post
A post from my nieces teacher:

Attention teacher friends- I am a Spanish teacher in Buffalo Grove and my team has decided how to incorporate asking for pronouns in a non-invasive way since we teach 6, 7 and 8th grade and the kids may be shy about it. We are having each student record their first and last name to assist us in pronunciation (using Me llamo... of course, LOL) and they are then to add- and my preferred pronouns are... We have given them examples of what we would be saying if we were doing the assignment and the kids are submitting through our online classroom system. Who else pledges to start the year asking for pronouns?

Is this just overly progressive and confusing?
It's becoming pretty common to express what your pronouns are. I think it's a good thing. It will slowly remove people's tendency to assume pronouns. I usually make an effort to use gender-neutral pronouns anyway when I don't know what the person prefers.

Old 08-15-2019, 07:21 PM

43,119 posts, read 18,281,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
It's becoming pretty common to express what your pronouns are. I think it's a good thing. It will slowly remove people's tendency to assume pronouns. I usually make an effort to use gender-neutral pronouns anyway when I don't know what the person prefers.
That is not always the case in foreign languages. In Spanish you have 'el' and 'la'..which do you choose now ?

Old 08-15-2019, 10:49 PM

10,181 posts, read 10,260,457 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by That_One_Girl View Post
It's becoming pretty common to express what your pronouns are.
For whom?

You can pretend to be (identify "as") a penguin, doesn't mean you are a penguin.

How many people don't know if they are a boy or a girl or a him/her vs. a "they"?

When do they figure it out?

And among the .000001% of those who are a "they" or an "us" or a "me and my invisible friend"...they need to get over themselves and sign up for intensive therapy so they can function outside of their "pay attention to me" baloney.

Quote:
I think it's a good thing. It will slowly remove people's tendency to assume pronouns.
If it walks like (and looks like) a duck. It's a duck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education