Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2020, 08:09 AM

909 posts, read 544,803 times

Advertisements

If you want to earn the top dollar it's a must you learn.
https://www.theladders.com/career-ad...s-the-quickest
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2020, 05:59 AM

14,394 posts, read 11,232,217 times
I’m assuming they only looked at 4-year graduates because I have to believe MDs find jobs very quickly after they finish their medical degree.

Old 02-12-2020, 09:59 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,690 posts, read 57,994,855 times
Too bad more in USA don't land jobs before spending X dollars and X years in pursuits that may not lead to employment.

... Only in America....
My employer paid 100% for 5 of my degree programs. (And I always had a job!... (Usually 3, with plenty of additional extended offers).

Very ez to do. Just develop some skills, show initiative, perform well, be more value than burden to your company.

I like hiring international grads, as they walk in the door capable and willing to work. USA grads sit on their hands waiting for instructions, just as they have done for 16-20 yrs. Companies don't have time or instructors to further invest in new hires who are incapable of applying themselves.

Ironically and sadly, the USA loses 25% of STEM grads to 'other fields' within 5 years of graduation. Wonder why.? (Not really).

Old 03-03-2020, 08:28 AM

99 posts, read 50,025 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by markjames68 View Post
I’m assuming they only looked at 4-year graduates because I have to believe MDs find jobs very quickly after they finish their medical degree.
MDs also have to get 8+ years of education, training, exams and loans after undergraduate so no not the quickest by any means.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:21 PM

10,061 posts, read 7,229,638 times
Another hit piece on the liberal arts.

Hello, liberal arts! -

Life sciences (biology, ecology, neuroscience)
Physical science (physics, astronomy, chemistry, geology)
Logic, mathematics, statistics
Philosophy
History
Social science (anthropology, geography, linguistics, political science and jurisprudence, psychology, sociology)
Creative arts (fine arts, music, performing arts, literature)

These subjects are all useless shiite.

We should stop teaching these subjects. Colleges should teach engineering, and only engineering.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:24 PM

1,110 posts, read 1,378,055 times
I think government should offer more scholarships for those students who wants to take up STEM. This is to attract young Americans to take STEM programs.

Old 03-03-2020, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kent_moore View Post
I think government should offer more scholarships for those students who wants to take up STEM. This is to attract young Americans to take STEM programs.
Oh really? You want more students studying paleontology? Astronomy? Maybe evironmental science? How about Ornithology?

Old 03-03-2020, 07:39 PM

19,767 posts, read 18,055,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Another hit piece on the liberal arts.

Hello, liberal arts! -

Life sciences (biology, ecology, neuroscience)
Physical science (physics, astronomy, chemistry, geology)
Logic, mathematics, statistics
Philosophy
History
Social science (anthropology, geography, linguistics, political science and jurisprudence, psychology, sociology)
Creative arts (fine arts, music, performing arts, literature)

These subjects are all useless shiite.

We should stop teaching these subjects. Colleges should teach engineering, and only engineering.
It's pretty clear that for most people "STEM" has stolen the life and physical sciences and math away from the the liberal arts.

Old 03-04-2020, 05:47 PM

12,833 posts, read 9,029,433 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
Oh really? You want more students studying paleontology? Astronomy? Maybe evironmental science? How about Ornithology?
Why not?

Old 03-04-2020, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
Why not?
I'm all for it! Just went to a presentation on sage grouse a couple days ago. It was all sciency and stats-y!

But those are subjects where your job options are basically government agency, university, or bust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education > Colleges and Universities