U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-06-2020, 03:04 PM

8 posts, read 2,105 times

Advertisements

If anyone is considering online schooling for the fall, or whenever, my wife and I have homeschooled our kids for the past six years. We checked out many different options from a public online school, private schools and choosing our own curriculum. We eventually opted for online schooling through Alpha Omega. The online school is called Monarch. They also have non-online options which worked great for one kid, but the other wanted online learning. I enjoyed it more because it helped me with the grading. I set the parameters and it did most of the work for me.

Our son is going into his senior year and will be doing coursework in college the entire year so he gets credit for high school and college. If you Google AOP or their online schooling, Monarch you'll see more info. It is a Christian based curriculum but you are not required to take Bible classes, etc. You pick and choose according to what you want, and definitely make sure what you choose lines up with your state dept. of education's requirements for graduation.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2020, 12:41 PM

5 posts, read 515 times
A good learning choice for kids. Today, more and more parents choose non-standard teaching methods. My children go to a private school, but I am thinking more and more about another way of teaching.
Recently I found a program in which children study and can already earn their own money if they help other students and schoolchildren in writing essays and completing other tasks. Thus the children have more interest in learning.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or