U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2020, 07:28 AM

64,673 posts, read 60,996,773 times

Advertisements

I had the same first grade teacher that my mother did, only she was Miss Somebody when my mother had her, and Mrs. Somebody Else when I had her thirty years later.

Yes, I went to the same elementary/grammar school as my parents. There was not yet a high school in our town when they went, however. They took a train to high school in a town about 15 miles away. Back then, elementary/grammar ran through 9th grade, and then they went to high school. When I went, it was a Jr/Sr High School (the whole "middle school" deal wasn't a thing in our town, although my ex-husband went to school in a nearby town that did have "middle school".

After living elsewhere in adulthood, I returned to my hometown to raise my daughter. She went from K-12 in the same school system that I did except by then they called "Jr. High" (7th and 8th grades) "middle school", I guess to be trendy with the other towns in the area. LOL.

Old 09-09-2020, 03:14 PM

4,590 posts, read 4,156,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
When I went, it was a Jr/Sr High School (the whole "middle school" deal wasn't a thing in our town, although my ex-husband went to school in a nearby town that did have "middle school".
One district over from where I live now, they have Elementary, Intermediate, Middle, and Junior High schools all on the same sprawling campus. There are a few other elementary schools sprinkled around the district, and the HS has its own separate campus. Seems odd having so many different buildings each presumably with its own principal and clerical/janitorial staff, but there you go.

My home town in NJ, back in my day had 3 Junior High's and 2 High Schools but they are down to one HS and a couple of Middle Schools. No more JHS there.
Rate this post positively

Old 09-09-2020, 05:52 PM

24,902 posts, read 35,560,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JacobMurphy View Post
just seeing how common it is

i went to the same high school as my mum.
Nope and that was completely on purpose by my mother. She absolutely refused to leave Virginia after she left the military to return home because her school experience in rural Arkansas was awful. Dad’s experience in North Carolina was just as bad.
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or