U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-08-2008, 01:31 AM

31 posts, read 91,755 times

Advertisements

I cannot rescue my child at every injustice nor do I want to. They have to learn to speak up and stick up for themselves in life and hopefully learn you do this within reason. My child is 14 and she is living with the fact there are teachers who at times do not follow along with so called rules or even ieps. As I had stated before this was a later in life newly licensed teacher. Just like everyone else in a new position there are certain things they have to learn whether they have a easy time at it or whether it is a painful process. In this case he obviously did not understand iep and probably was quiet a learning curve just by being a new teacher. And there are times as parents and even children that we have to be patient, understand and accept it as well. I will not give my child permission to disrespect a teachers position by bashing him in front of her. Not that I don't say he was incorrect in the way he was handling her iep but he too had to learn because he is a new teacher. I want my daughter to choose her battles wisely. I want her to understand we don't always get what we want but it does not always mean that is wrong. I want to show her sometimes we have to adjust and sometimes its good. The year has finished out on a good note. We had to be patient and adjust but so did the teacher. It has been a good year because we learned and the teacher learned first hand about children who has ieps.

Should my daughter ever have a serious problem, that will be taken care of appropriately. Screaming calling names and such never gets any where. It just makes a lot of noise.

The real world is worse and I certainly do not call this exploiting a child.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education