Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2021, 09:57 AM

1,412 posts, read 1,084,282 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blisterpeanuts View Post
What are you talking about? They do line up. I linked as closely to the source material as I could.
You reworded the questions in ways that make it look like more people are more convinced of foul play.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2021, 09:35 AM

1,397 posts, read 1,146,189 times
I taught in Los Angeles for years. Public schools are leftist indoctrination centers.

But I learned to go with the flow if I wanted to keep my job. Fortunately social media back then wasn't a thing so cancel culture hadn't started yet.

Old 05-03-2021, 09:37 AM

I taught in Los Angeles for years. Public schools are pretty much leftist indoctrination centers. The curriculum I was given was so biased it wasn't funny.

But I learned to go with the flow if I wanted to keep my job. Fortunately social media back then wasn't a thing so cancel culture hadn't started yet.

Old 05-06-2021, 01:01 PM

3,006 posts, read 1,492,842 times
The salary class doesn't want to admit it's shrinking, so it finds excuses to fire or exclude easy targets.

Old 05-06-2021, 03:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,214,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nefret View Post
I'm no raging feminist but am appalled at the number of women who see no problem with the way Trump talks about women.

Glad that my children are grown and out of a situation where a teacher like that could have influence on their values.
I have no trouble with whatever you "think" he's been saying about women based on a single comment and it sure as heck wouldn't stop me from voting for his policies. Honestly, there are probably way worse guys in your own life but nobodies ragging on them 24/7 in the media.

I put the majority of those at the Capitol on 1/6 in the same category as anyone who marched with BLM or against Trump for whatever reason. You don't have to approve of any of the ideologies, but it's nobody's place to try to shut them down or "punish" them for it unless it's effecting their jobs. This teacher is better than ANY TEACHER pushing CRT for example. Change my mind.

Old 05-07-2021, 12:21 PM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceece View Post
I have no trouble with whatever you "think" he's been saying about women based on a single comment and it sure as heck wouldn't stop me from voting for his policies. Honestly, there are probably way worse guys in your own life but nobodies ragging on them 24/7 in the media.

I put the majority of those at the Capitol on 1/6 in the same category as anyone who marched with BLM or against Trump for whatever reason. You don't have to approve of any of the ideologies, but it's nobody's place to try to shut them down or "punish" them for it unless it's effecting their jobs. This teacher is better than ANY TEACHER pushing CRT for example. Change my mind.
In the case of people like you...why try? One of our posters in another part of the forum has what he calls the "cement theory" of thinking.

Old 05-21-2021, 06:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnff View Post
https://www.city-data.com/forum/teac...e-parents.html

That is just one of many discussions on left leaning teachers. It's not hard to find multiple instances with a quick google search. I think we're well beyond the point where there is any legitimate argument that education is not a left leaning industry.
Teachers used to lean conservative but not anymore. From my observation in the past the people who went into teaching were mainly women who wanted a job that was more conducive to family life. Their husbands were the primary breadwinners and often they'd pause their careers when children came. Today those that go into teaching (in spite of the lower wages) are motivated less with convenience of the teacher schedule and more for social ideologies. They come out of public universities deeply steeped in leftist thought which comes right with them into the classroom.

Critical race theory and social justice causes have permeated school districts all across the country. This is not isolated.

Old 05-21-2021, 08:16 AM

50,809 posts, read 24,321,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post
Teachers used to lean conservative but not anymore. From my observation in the past the people who went into teaching were mainly women who wanted a job that was more conducive to family life. Their husbands were the primary breadwinners and often they'd pause their careers when children came. Today those that go into teaching (in spite of the lower wages) are motivated less with convenience of the teacher schedule and more for social ideologies. They come out of public universities deeply steeped in leftist thought which comes right with them into the classroom.

Critical race theory and social justice causes have permeated school districts all across the country. This is not isolated.
Good.

Old 05-21-2021, 12:41 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,664,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coloradomom22 View Post

My personnel experience from doing long-term sub jobs across four counties is the majority of male HS teachers I have encountered are extremely right-wing. This only reflects this area since each of these counties was won by Trump with at least 66% of the vote in each county. It goes back before Trump since this area was also a stronghold for the Tea Party and ran a TP candidate for the U.S. Senate.

What makes you think public universities are deeply steeped in leftist thought? I think this is more of a stereotype as opposed to fact.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education