Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-12-2021, 04:18 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by huitrecouture View Post
He wasn't CAUGHT in the LEAST, fake news.

The MOTHER requested he do it and videoed it. She even complained about her not listening to her at home etc. She's ON VIDEO thanking him.

Then tried to claim a language barrier.

Typical. Welcome to Florida.
I'm so glad you clarified things for us. I'm sure it took some valuable time studying the thread to do that. It appears to me that you have the pronouns all screwed up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-12-2021, 06:25 PM

197 posts, read 124,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Then why not paddle adults?
Adults hit back.

For that matter, adolescents are liable to hit back as well.

Proponents of hitting children invariably only supporting hitting helpless children who can't possibly turn the tables on them.

Old 05-12-2021, 06:27 PM

50,759 posts, read 24,261,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milo Wolf View Post
Adults hit back.

For that matter, adolescents are liable to hit back as well.

Proponents of hitting children invariably only supporting hitting helpless children who can't possibly turn the tables on them.
That's probably the real answer.

Old 05-13-2021, 06:40 AM

3,639 posts, read 1,596,085 times
By the way Dr Phil is against spanking because it doesn't work to change behavior and it confuses the child.

Old 05-13-2021, 02:10 PM

6,985 posts, read 7,039,625 times
The principal and the state attorney deserve to be paddled.

Old 05-13-2021, 08:23 PM

30,612 posts, read 18,187,363 times
No problem here with me. While I think that corporal punishment should be used sparingly (and never out of anger . . . in other words, folks should not beat their children in the heat of a situation from where I stand), I got the belt and switch more than a few times as a kid and am fine for it. It reinforced for me that there would be painful consequences if I did things I wasn't supposed to do.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:28 PM

2,320 posts, read 2,557,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by springfieldva View Post
Who was video taping this? Was it the mom?
I think I heard the mother say she videotaped it with a purpose...she said she "sacrificed" her child so she could have a record of what they did to her to show other parents.

It is my belief that hitting a child is a confusing action...we tell our kids, for instance: "NO! do not hit (another child)." And then we punish them by HITTING them.

As others have said, there are much better ways to discipline a child and if that had been my child, that principal would not have gotten so much as HALF a swing at my child...I would have been on my way, with my little 6 year old child, to an attorney's office to file charges...I don't care WHAT their rules and regulations say.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
One staff member gave a statement claiming that when the girl's mother was contacted by phone about the incident, she said her daughter was also damaging items at home, but that she was "afraid to discipline her by spanking, because her daughter threatens to call the police and [the Department of Children and Families]." She says the mother then asked that school staffers spank her daughter, CNN reports. The staffer says she then told the mother she'd need to come to the school to ask in person for the spanking to be carried out, and then remain in the room while it happened, and that the mother did just that.

So, Mother of the Year comes all the way down to the school, asks them to spank her daughter then sits there videotaping it and afterward thanks staff for doing it. Then some family member or perhaps a boyfriend tells MOTY she can sue for big bucks. Or maybe that was her plan all along? What a louse.
So I wasn't aware of all this information. If so, all the adults involved need to be counseled and reprimanded. This entire story is sickening if, again, this is all true.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoMansLands View Post
Despite the mother's lack of parenting skills, no adult in this nation should be able to get away with hitting a child. I am all for reduced privileges punishment, time outs, similar things to get the message across, however sitting a child down and telling them your expectations and the punishment for not meeeting those expectations was what I used and was very effective. Children are smart and do listen and can learn, usually it is the parent or authority figure that has a problem with being smart, listening, or the ability to learn that uses corporal punishment.
Those who promote hitting others are barbarians.
I totally agree. Hitting a child is the easy way out...much easier than consistently and firmly disciplining. And the school, and those teachers/administrators, should NEVER be allowed to hit a child...never for no reason unless that adult is actually being physically attached and is trying to defend him/herself.

Old 05-13-2021, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtab4994 View Post
They cane adults in Singapore. The American who caused an uproar after being sentenced to "six of the best" in 1994 was 18 at the time of the crime and almost 19 when the sentence (reduced to 4 strokes) was carried out.
That TOTALLY does not make it okay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education