Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-14-2008, 09:17 PM

285 posts, read 1,090,735 times

Advertisements

2theadvocate.com | News | St. Gabriel teacher accused of cruelty — Baton Rouge, LA

Should children be punished by cleaning or unclogging toilets? Should this teacher be suspended? What are your thoughts?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-15-2008, 12:10 AM

361 posts, read 1,946,719 times
There are no details in the article from which to form a judgement. All it says is that parents accused a teacher.

Old 05-15-2008, 12:33 AM

28,113 posts, read 63,642,682 times
Does anyone know the rest of the story?

I've cleaned a lot of toilets and I started at a very young age...

For the sake of discussion... I see no problem having the child unclog the toilet if the child clogged the toilet on purpose...

I remember kids flushing cherry bombs in second grade and trying to see how much toilet paper it would take to create a clog...

Old 05-15-2008, 05:52 AM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katreese View Post
There are no details in the article from which to form a judgement. All it says is that parents accused a teacher.
yeah...but don't you know pegmom by now? she is going to post this and jump to conclusions. i seriously wish you would go visit public schools pegmom. you are a big person for sitting behind your computer hiding and looking up negative articles about teachers.

Old 05-15-2008, 06:22 AM

285 posts, read 1,090,735 times
There was more than a parent accusation. The teacher was arrested, booked, and charged with cruelty. She has been suspended with pay while this is under investigation. I wonder if that is an appropriate response. It may surprise some of you to know that I have mixed feelings about this one. Should this have led to an arrest? I guess given the fact that I have helped so many children who were physically abused by educators, and NO action was taken, it kind of shocks me to hear that this led to an arrest. I wonder what others think of this.

I really don't hide behind anything, much less my computer. I don't have a hidden agenda. I share factual stories, statistical information, and my opinions about teacher misconduct. My point is this, you simply need to be very informed about your own school policies, and know that in every walk of life, there are people who do not make good choices. This is an education forum. I think it would be very interesting for someone to start a thread on student misconduct to show the other side. I would not bash anyone for sharing factual stories about students who abuse teachers.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:01 AM

870 posts, read 1,626,237 times
so where was your response on the thread about students beating up a teacher? why don't you start threads about student misconduct. in your younger days were you a pain in teacher's butts and punished so now you feel you need to point this stuff out?

Old 05-15-2008, 07:04 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,164,623 times
If the kid was the one who clogged the toilet, he should be made to unclog it with his bare hands.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:06 AM

196 posts, read 208,318 times
actually, if this did happen, it doesnt surprise me, I remember my wife took our kids to a church daycare once when they were young, we didnt find out until later that the punishment for saying "bad" words was to put your head over the commode and scream it four more times until it was gone...

needless to say, my wife was livid. our kids never used bad language, but "stupid" or "shutup" was even included in the words...so you can imagine with young kids, there was a long line to the potty to do some screaming insted of peeing, quite honestly, what does a toilet do for purpose of instruction?...lol, I hope the teacher get a decent bowel movement of her own at home from her own dirty bowl....what next!

Old 05-15-2008, 07:08 AM

196 posts, read 208,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuharai View Post
If the kid was the one who clogged the toilet, he should be made to unclog it with his bare hands.

is there any other way?....God where would we be without coat hangers....the plumbers little helper.

Old 05-15-2008, 07:31 AM

16,224 posts, read 25,655,987 times
If the child clogged the toilet on purpose, then I can understand making him try to uclog it, but he is in the 3rd grade. I think that it would be up to the janitor to do this job, and punish the child another way.
However, I would come unglued if I learned that my child was forced to unclog any toilet, with his bare hands. Thats just nasty!!!!
Anyone ever heard of a plunger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education