Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 09:49 AM

11 posts, read 37,562 times

Advertisements

i was not trying to make you feel bad.

my fiance is going to college, we are making sure of that.

i have a well paying job, which becomes full time in the summer.(plus i could not stand it if i was in an office, i would get fired soon, because, i cannot concentrate while sitting in a box) and he has a very well paying job everyday after school and most weekends, finacialy, we are set.

i can spell, but i am in a hurry, as i can only type this in my computer class when i get done with my projects. as soon as i get home i have to go to work,so i cant get on the computer then.

i have found a place to live, a very nice place infact, i am moving in with my grandmother, who has a huge house and lives on a farm, (its where i grew up before i moved in with my monther and stepdad in the city a few years back.)

i know what to do, i have been babysitting, sence i was 10 (it at my grandmothers house), and started babysitting completely by myself for children of all ages, (the youngest was six months), over nights and for weekends when i was 12.

i do not believe that i should get to make-out whenever i want, but i would like to be able to hold his hand and hug him without getting a detention.

we did not purposly try to have this child, it was unexspected. and i am not proud of the fact that i am pregnant, but i dont regret it either. i am going to raise my child to be better than how my grandparents and uncles raised me (my mom wasnt around, she had me when she was 17 and was often off partying)

I know that i can do this, and i can handel myself, but if you dont know the complete situation, please dont critize me it doesnt help.

and i have said nothing of govermemnt assistance, or a lack of education that would make you think that, that is your own assumption

Old 05-29-2008, 09:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynimagelv View Post
I accept the congratulations .....since I was not involved [on either side]
And I suggest that you request the earliest possible humor transplant assuming that you can get a donor. Ya'll have a nice day now....heah
that was very nice, haha
and i am glad your grandson does not get slaughterd.

and im sure that your trips were great fun, i wish i could have been around then, haha, mabey i could fit in. and my school im the outcast goth girl. lol

Old 05-29-2008, 01:04 PM

12,200 posts, read 18,376,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackxwaterlilyx36 View Post
i was not trying to make you feel bad.

my fiance is going to college, we are making sure of that.

i have a well paying job, which becomes full time in the summer.(plus i could not stand it if i was in an office, i would get fired soon, because, i cannot concentrate while sitting in a box) and he has a very well paying job everyday after school and most weekends, finacialy, we are set.

i can spell, but i am in a hurry, as i can only type this in my computer class when i get done with my projects. as soon as i get home i have to go to work,so i cant get on the computer then.

i have found a place to live, a very nice place infact, i am moving in with my grandmother, who has a huge house and lives on a farm, (its where i grew up before i moved in with my monther and stepdad in the city a few years back.)

i know what to do, i have been babysitting, sence i was 10 (it at my grandmothers house), and started babysitting completely by myself for children of all ages, (the youngest was six months), over nights and for weekends when i was 12.

i do not believe that i should get to make-out whenever i want, but i would like to be able to hold his hand and hug him without getting a detention.

we did not purposly try to have this child, it was unexspected. and i am not proud of the fact that i am pregnant, but i dont regret it either. i am going to raise my child to be better than how my grandparents and uncles raised me (my mom wasnt around, she had me when she was 17 and was often off partying)

I know that i can do this, and i can handel myself, but if you dont know the complete situation, please dont critize me it doesnt help.

and i have said nothing of govermemnt assistance, or a lack of education that would make you think that, that is your own assumption
Well excuse me for being a realist. I think it's wonderful that in the midst of all the employment problems the economy is having that you and your boyfriend were both able to find such good paying jobs without a high school diploma. That's great. I wish your child all the luck in the world.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:41 PM

909 posts, read 3,363,878 times
Quote:
Well cheer up. You'll soon be out of there, and getting a detention for PDA will be the least of your worries. Good luck to you.

Old 05-30-2008, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maestramommy View Post
Well cheer up. You'll soon be out of there, and getting a detention for PDA will be the least of your worries. Good luck to you.

well thank you, and i know, i just wana be near him, ya know? but thanks for the luck,were going to need it!

Old 05-30-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalayjones View Post
Well excuse me for being a realist. I think it's wonderful that in the midst of all the employment problems the economy is having that you and your boyfriend were both able to find such good paying jobs without a high school diploma. That's great. I wish your child all the luck in the world.
i am from a small town, and i work on farm, you dont need a high school diploma for that, and i get paid fiarly well for what i do, and i grew up on a farm, so it dosent seem much like work. And my boyfriend was fortunate enough to find a job like that. although im guessing that that was sarcasim, thank you for the luck, im not trying to be a ***** or anything, ive just been frustrated, so im sorry if i offended you

Old 05-31-2008, 09:12 AM

3,885 posts, read 8,122,758 times
PDA's do not belong at school. Period! The school staff have the responsibility to provide you with an education, not a place to hug/kiss/etc. They aren't being harsh or unreasonable, but merely responsible.
I won't assume to know anything about your situation other than what you have stated, but I think it's disconcerting that you can't control your "needs" for 6 hours of the day to focus on your education, yet feel you are responsible enough to have a child that will demand much more of your concentration. Not to say this is the case, but too often teen girls have so many negative issues going on at home that they gravitate to any affection at all - such as a bf or a new baby. It's rarely a win/win situation, especially for the innocent child, and it seems the cycle is continuing from your mother.
I'm curious about the GPA average that both you and the bf are carrying?

Old 05-31-2008, 01:43 PM

2,589 posts, read 8,639,150 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MooksterL1 View Post
PDA's do not belong at school. Period! The school staff have the responsibility to provide you with an education, not a place to hug/kiss/etc. They aren't being harsh or unreasonable, but merely responsible.
I won't assume to know anything about your situation other than what you have stated, but I think it's disconcerting that you can't control your "needs" for 6 hours of the day to focus on your education, yet feel you are responsible enough to have a child that will demand much more of your concentration. Not to say this is the case, but too often teen girls have so many negative issues going on at home that they gravitate to any affection at all - such as a bf or a new baby. It's rarely a win/win situation, especially for the innocent child, and it seems the cycle is continuing from your mother.
I'm curious about the GPA average that both you and the bf are carrying?
didn't you read? she don't need no stinkin' high GPA (or even a high-school diploma, come to that); she's gonna be a farm-hand... in the information age!

god, help us all.

Old 05-31-2008, 06:27 PM

11,151 posts, read 15,835,047 times
Quote:
to what exstent do you think that PDA should be allowed in Highschools? my boyfriend and i will sometimes give each other a quick peck on the lips before class and no other students are disgusted by it, and most of our teachers dont mind, but our assiatant principle dosent accept any PDA at all, not even holding hands or hugging. My boyfriend gave me qick kiss on the forehead before running off to class, and a teacher saw it and told the assistant priciple that we were making out (which was a lie),and we are now both suspended for a day. do you think that this is right? also considering that my boyfriend and i also only get to see each other at school,(unless he can get away from work to see me), and i am currently preganant with our child. i believe that i should be able to give him a hug and kiss before my hours.
Can we be a little gentler with the OP, folks? Remember how it was when you were 18 or so and knew everything about everything ?

One reason that schools frown on PDA is that it's very easy for it to get out of control. Things start with a "quick kiss on the forehead," and then it's a "quick kiss on the lips," and then before you know it kids are groping each other in the stairwell.

Where do you draw the line? Is a "quick kiss" OK but a longer smooch not? What constitutes "quick"? If lip contact lasts longer than, say, two seconds, is it then no longer considered "quick"?

I know that sounds silly, but if a school allows any kind of PDA, then it's leaving itself open for ANY kind of PDA. It's sometimes best to just ban it completely. Plus, as others have already said, the purpose of school should be your education. Any intimate behavior is best left for times when you're not in school.

Best of luck to you -- I know that you fully believe that you have everything under control (and maybe you do), but parenthood at any age is difficult -- and even more so when you're still in your teens.

Old 05-31-2008, 07:51 PM

5,068 posts, read 10,132,051 times
Quote:
i am from a small town, and i work on farm, you dont need a high school diploma for that, and i get paid fiarly well for what i do, and i grew up on a farm, so it dosent seem much like work. And my boyfriend was fortunate enough to find a job like that. although im guessing that that was sarcasim, thank you for the luck, im not trying to be a ***** or anything, ive just been frustrated, so im sorry if i offended you
I grew up on a farm, also. I spent long days on a tractor. I got more than my share of blisters, sore feet, and hay fever from hoeing cotton -- also long days. During the winter when it snowed, my dad and I had to go out and feed them and to break the ice in the tanks at the windmills so cattle could drink.

Other days, when we weren't busy plowing, fixing fences or whatever, we were checking on the cattle. Or, if rabbits were getting to be a pest, I would hunt them. There was always something to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education