Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2023, 07:10 PM

7,257 posts, read 3,479,848 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
You keep putting it back on me, personally.
It speaks volumes that you assiduously avoid responsibility for articulating an objective, a mission, let alone any strategies in your thread.

Quote:
I'm putting it back on the (mostly) right-of-aisle...
In other words, you're back once again to "You Folks" and "People Like You" -- why don't you just go ahead and say a Basket of Deplorables?

Quote:
who continually harp on our public educational institutions. Again, if all you want to do is complain, and not participate in putting something together, I would suggest you move on to other threads.
And I suggest you put forth an actual objective -- something concrete -- what problem are you see that needs to be fixed??? Or, do you think there are no worthy problems?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2023, 01:40 PM

772 posts, read 450,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moguldreamer View Post
It speaks volumes that you assiduously avoid responsibility for articulating an objective, a mission, let alone any strategies in your thread.

In other words, you're back once again to "You Folks" and "People Like You" -- why don't you just go ahead and say a Basket of Deplorables?

And I suggest you put forth an actual objective -- something concrete -- what problem are you see that needs to be fixed??? Or, do you think there are no worthy problems?
I have been trying to get him to take responsibility for something, anything at all, for a very long time. It’s a fruitless endeavor, as it’s always someone or something else’s fault.

Old 11-20-2023, 01:50 PM

50,119 posts, read 23,785,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
I have been trying to get him to take responsibility for something, anything at all, for a very long time. It’s a fruitless endeavor, as it’s always someone or something else’s fault.
No, what you're trying to do is right up there under your moniker -- "Status Quo Destroyer". And to you, I represent our public education system.

Old 11-22-2023, 03:47 AM

772 posts, read 450,109 times
Quote:
No, what you're trying to do is right up there under your moniker -- "Status Quo Destroyer". And to you, I represent our public education system.
And to you, I represent the foreign, alien concept of “personal responsibility”.

Old 11-22-2023, 07:42 AM

50,119 posts, read 23,785,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarryKnight1 View Post
And to you, I represent the foreign, alien concept of “personal responsibility”.
No, that's not what you represent to me.

Old 11-24-2023, 05:00 AM

18,516 posts, read 10,451,983 times
I doubt a few will admit it but this thread has become exactly what is wrong with the Educational system in this Country.

No one is freaking listening to anything or anyone.

Old 11-24-2023, 08:01 AM

27,213 posts, read 28,295,642 times
What exactly are we trying to achieve with our educational system in the United States?

We should start there and be as specific as possible.

It helps to have an actual goal and be realistic about it.

Old 11-24-2023, 08:06 AM

Location: We_tside PNW (Columbia Gorge) / CO / SA TX / Thailand
34,548 posts, read 57,460,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
I doubt a few will admit it but this thread has become exactly what is wrong with the Educational system in this Country.

No one is freaking listening to anything or anyone.
Here in C-D education
It's jr high again!, but quite a bit more childish.

Finger pointing and trash talking.

Lack of comprehensive analysis and creative solutions, sound familiar ?

It should

Old 11-29-2023, 11:01 PM

7,257 posts, read 3,479,848 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
What exactly are we trying to achieve with our educational system in the United States?

We should start there and be as specific as possible.

It helps to have an actual goal and be realistic about it.
1. Social time for the students.
2. Football for the alumni.
3. Parking spaces for the administration.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education