Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 10:24 PM

314 posts, read 935,804 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by psr13 View Post
And you know what? It's the parents who should talk to their kids about it. Not the schools.
That is easier said than done. Part of the problem is many parents wait until kids already have so much misinformation about sex before they decide to talk to them about it. I know no one told me about sex until I already knew about it of course much of it was incorrect.
WANDERLUST76 I blame parents and the media as well. Have you seen some of the tv shows that are supposed to be geared towards kids? The music videos that they play between the hours of 3pm-6pm? Kids have access to the internet on cellphones. You may monitor your child but what about the kid at school that has one and is showing inappropriate pictures from them. My brother-in-law works at a teen center and he has seen it all from younger kids to older kids.

I was watching a commercial with a woman in a little bikini being very sexual and guess what she was selling, ALMONDS! I kid you not. Everything is about selling sexuality. So we as parents need to make sure that kids are informed with the correct information because it can mean the difference between life and death nowadays. When I was younger we didnt have all this technology that kids have today.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-13-2010, 08:19 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoucare? View Post
That is easier said than done. Part of the problem is many parents wait until kids already have so much misinformation about sex before they decide to talk to them about it. I know no one told me about sex until I already knew about it of course much of it was incorrect.
WANDERLUST76 I blame parents and the media as well. Have you seen some of the tv shows that are supposed to be geared towards kids? The music videos that they play between the hours of 3pm-6pm? Kids have access to the internet on cellphones. You may monitor your child but what about the kid at school that has one and is showing inappropriate pictures from them. My brother-in-law works at a teen center and he has seen it all from younger kids to older kids.

I was watching a commercial with a woman in a little bikini being very sexual and guess what she was selling, ALMONDS! I kid you not. Everything is about selling sexuality. So we as parents need to make sure that kids are informed with the correct information because it can mean the difference between life and death nowadays. When I was younger we didnt have all this technology that kids have today.
Yes you're totally correct the whole let the parents handle it train of thought is a huge mistake parents don't even realize what their kids are being exposed to before it's too late. Not to mention some don't even care. Furthermore many young girls do not have a father or proper father figure this is a huge problem young girls are not being properly taught. Girls are under attack in this world they are sexualized by the time they are 9 and not allowed to have their innocence some are even used as sex slaves for perverts in other countries. Where all the feminists when it comes to this issue???? Young boys need taught to stop sticking their tool inside of a girl at 11 years old they are brainwashed to think this is what they are supposed to do by our society of sex. That's just ridiculous when I was 11 years old I knew about boobs that was pretty much it.

Old 02-13-2010, 08:30 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whydoucare? View Post
WANDERLUST76 I blame parents and the media as well.
Parents, especially mothers, get blamed for practically everything. The vast, vast majority are doing the best they can for their kids.

Old 02-13-2010, 03:14 PM

5,007 posts, read 15,420,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Yes you're totally correct the whole let the parents handle it train of thought is a huge mistake parents don't even realize what their kids are being exposed to before it's too late. Not to mention some don't even care. Furthermore many young girls do not have a father or proper father figure this is a huge problem young girls are not being properly taught. Girls are under attack in this world they are sexualized by the time they are 9 and not allowed to have their innocence some are even used as sex slaves for perverts in other countries. Where all the feminists when it comes to this issue???? Young boys need taught to stop sticking their tool inside of a girl at 11 years old they are brainwashed to think this is what they are supposed to do by our society of sex. That's just ridiculous when I was 11 years old I knew about boobs that was pretty much it.

The problem is you have a "good old days" attitude about this.

Times change.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Education