Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 10:10 PM

158 posts, read 436,872 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoldierBoyBliss View Post
bree~ no you don't, you think about walking over and buying booze cheep, because we know that by going over to Mexico you are breaking military law, that could result in UCMJ action. I never saw this post.

Um, dude, I've been out for two years. I don't care if you have seen this post or not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-10-2010, 10:18 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bree~ View Post
Um, dude, I've been out for two years. I don't care if you have seen this post or not.
Post of the year

Old 06-11-2010, 12:41 AM

276 posts, read 801,961 times
Well you know that if you spouse is Military and you go to Mexico, he/she can face UCMJ for your actions? Please drop the attitude, I am not knocking down your door wanting to arrest you.. for Pete's sake.

Quote:

Old 06-11-2010, 12:46 AM

158 posts, read 436,872 times
Quote:
Well you know that if you spouse is Military and you go to Mexico, he/she can face UCMJ for your actions? Please drop the attitude, I am not knocking down your door wanting to arrest you.. for Pete's sake.
You know, I wrote something that was probably very apt, yet could be construed as mean. Therefore, I am editing it. However, the attitude is not coming from me. If you read that as oozing attitude, then you need to really reevaluate how to read people. Besides, we have been here a lot longer than you have. It wasn't always a directive to not cross the border. It used to just be a caution to not have family member cross. Unless there is a new order out from the commanding general, it still does not prohibit family members from crossing.

Last edited by bree~; 06-11-2010 at 12:57 AM..

Old 06-11-2010, 02:09 AM

21 posts, read 74,652 times
Are you serious? That is like asking, "What kind of fun can I have if I take my wife to downtown Mogadishu, Somalia for an evening out?" Juarez, Mexico borders El Paso, Texas and is currently by far the most deadly and dangerous city in the world. They have an average of 100 murders per week there most in broad daylight. People are being kidnapped and killed routinely. Police officers are being slaughtered by machine gun fire regularly. People are being murdered at weddings and funerals. The Mayor of Juarez lives on the US side of the border, because he is afraid to live in Juarez! There have been over 4000 women kidnapped, raped and murdered in Juarez over the last 5 years and nobody has ever been charged in any of the crimes. The government is corrupt, the police department is corrupt and the city is controlled by drug cartels at war with each other. If you enter Mexico with so much as a bullet, you will be arrested and put in prison! Gun control in Mexico keeps the guns out of the hands of law abiding citizens, but allows murderers to roam the streets with machine guns unchallenged. It is completely out of control. I would not recommend ANYONE go to Juarez for any reason. There is no safe place, and nothing there that you cannot get in El Paso without dodging the gunfire.

Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 PM

276 posts, read 801,961 times
What you failed to see was the fact I was being silly and joking with you, you popped off with I dont care if you saw this thread or not as if in defense of something. That is why I replied I was not trying to kick in your door.. as for the other I dont care, as long as it does not happen in my line of sight do what you want.

Quote:
You know, I wrote something that was probably very apt, yet could be construed as mean. Therefore, I am editing it. However, the attitude is not coming from me. If you read that as oozing attitude, then you need to really reevaluate how to read people. Besides, we have been here a lot longer than you have. It wasn't always a directive to not cross the border. It used to just be a caution to not have family member cross. Unless there is a new order out from the commanding general, it still does not prohibit family members from crossing.

Old 06-18-2010, 04:27 AM

70 posts, read 226,553 times
Quote:
as for the other I dont care, as long as it does not happen in my line of sight do what you want.

Wonder if he wears a cape?

Old 06-18-2010, 11:34 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,105,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixgunner View Post
Wonder if he wears a cape?
Batman utility belt?

Old 06-18-2010, 12:02 PM

2,919 posts, read 5,908,719 times
I find it really hard to believe the OP is buying property in El Paso and has no idea about Juarez. Not only does he not know it is the most deadly city in the world, he thinks it's a border "town"?!? I cannot imagine someone being so uninformed!

Old 06-18-2010, 12:03 PM

70 posts, read 226,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Batman utility belt?

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso