Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2010, 05:24 PM

17 posts, read 31,539 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
So, I've read through about ten pages of posts, and I've seen a lot of questions from people relocating and needing good schools, but haven't come across any info regarding elementary schools. We are PCS'ing in August and will try to get on-post housing, but there is certainly no guarantee on this. My husband is an E6, so I don't know if we can afford private school. Which elementary schools have a good reputation? What about the schools on post? Also, this might sound strange to ask, but I would love to get my children in some sort of a Spanish Immersion program like the one they have at their current elementary school. Are there any primaries that have such a program available? I realize that Spanish is quite prevalant, but that's not the same as having an Immersion Program for non-Spanish speakers.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2010, 10:14 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
South and central El Paso would be your best bets for the Spanish immersion. It should be pretty easy to find that.

Old 06-15-2010, 08:21 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,831,742 times
If you're not going to live on post, and if you're looking for Spanish immersion, since your husband is a staff sergeant, I'd say North Central or Inner Northeast. I take it South Side is not too popular with Fort Bliss people, but north of I-10, while you're probably not going to have a formal Spanish immersion program, there will be tons of native Spanish speakers. I'm thinking Burnet, Lee or Stanton Elementary in Inner Northeast and Crockett, Houston, or Rusk Elementary in North Central if you're planning on living in the neighborhood. Actually, Houston Elementary, last I heard, is launching a dual-language magnet program and Zavala Elementary on the south side might be, too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso