Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2012, 01:14 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,850 times

Advertisements

Welcome to El Paso. Thank you for registering and posting that. Good luck in your future endeavors.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2012, 04:48 PM

43 posts, read 125,419 times
Default you are wrong -- what side of town do you live on?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKALU View Post
No Trader Joe's, no Sprout's , no Whole Foods...Albertson's and Big 8. That's what you get in El Paso.
we do have a whole foods. we on the west side where it is still call it sun harvest. it's known as sprouts, now. if you're on the east or north east side, no wonder you don't know the better things we have in el paso

Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 AM

1 posts, read 961 times
My husband and I are thinking about relocating to El Paso, TX. We are in our early 60's and are looking for a place that is quiet, low cost of living and has great weather. What do you think?

Old 11-20-2012, 07:04 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,698,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChatte View Post
My husband and I are thinking about relocating to El Paso, TX. We are in our early 60's and are looking for a place that is quiet, low cost of living and has great weather. What do you think?
Well the weather is great...... one out of three ain't bad.

Old 11-20-2012, 11:01 PM

My neighborhood is quiet. So are many others.

Old 11-21-2012, 01:06 AM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,120,097 times
That was an ugly thing to say...why do you think you and your west side is better than other parts of town? O shop on the west side all the time but you couldn't pay me to live there. I live in Mountain Park up off Alabama...clean air, beautiful, unscathed mountains, no traffic and peace and quiet. So there!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmapeel View Post
we do have a whole foods. we on the west side where it is still call it sun harvest. it's known as sprouts, now. if you're on the east or north east side, no wonder you don't know the better things we have in el paso

Old 11-23-2012, 08:10 PM

22 posts, read 42,781 times
El Paso is one of the most wonderful place in U.S. I had been here last year and I am planning to be here this coming Christmas with my Family..

Old 11-25-2012, 09:26 PM

524 posts, read 1,369,903 times
I know that my hometown of ELP is Mexicanized,,but I am Mexican anyway..because I grew up in Juarez..still I miss the warmth of the people, the beautiful sunsets by the mountain..and most of all my family who still resides in Central..by Chelsea and Montana..

Old 11-25-2012, 10:13 PM

Xchucoresident is a legitimate concern.

Old 11-25-2012, 10:28 PM

2,258 posts, read 3,493,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expect View Post
I was in el paso for a week in march it is by far the ugliest/worst place i've been to in the U.S. an enormous sand storm with 75 mph winds greeted me on my first day knocking out satellite signal for the entire hotel, it stank like gasoline the entire time i was there, the food is awful except for cattle baron steakhouse near the airport.. theres like 2 trees within a 100 mile radius the rest is sand. its like 85% mexican and most women i saw were fat. the best part of my trip was when I got on my southwest flight and got the hell out of there. I dont understand why anyone would willingly want to live in such a hell hole.
and my nose bled all week because of the pollution/sand
You landed in the middle of a desert and saw sand? I thought deserts were all lush vegetation and an impenetrable tree canopy?

Wait, and it was 85% Mexican, even though it shares a border with Mexico? Wow.

Do yourself a favor and take a remedial geography course. Thank God you were able to find your terminal.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso