Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-07-2011, 09:45 AM

196 posts, read 590,363 times

Advertisements

We haven't had ANY water since Friday. Do most people have water?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-07-2011, 10:07 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,141,019 times
Case by case situation. I didn't have water for two days last week but my neighbors did. It depends on where the pipes froze. Have you called the Water Utilities yet? I'm sure they are swamped. I'd recommend checking out your meter and seeing if water is flowing or not.

Old 02-07-2011, 10:15 AM

355 posts, read 1,116,006 times
Default Far Eastside Area - Joe Battle/Montwood/Tierras area

Yes we have water, and my co-workers, neighbors and family in the area do as well..

Old 02-07-2011, 12:51 PM

447 posts, read 1,580,785 times
I was really lucky to never really lose power or water. I know there was some people that were going on 3 days. Crazy.

Old 02-07-2011, 01:24 PM

507 posts, read 2,062,761 times
E.P. utilities really laid an egg across the board - electricity, gas, water - pathetic.

Old 02-07-2011, 03:49 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,141,019 times
I don't really blame EP Electric. Planned and coordinated black outs are different than uncontrolled or unforeseen blackouts.

Old 02-07-2011, 09:16 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by patricemendo View Post
We haven't had ANY water since Friday. Do most people have water?!
I didn't have water for a whole day but thanks to some good ole cheap pvc pipe, I had it again.

Never again will I be so complacent. A little more insulation and my pipes would have survived. As soon as there are some more insulation materials available, I will most definitely make it so there won't be any more frozen pipes at my place.

Old 02-08-2011, 10:48 AM

3,857 posts, read 6,961,962 times
Apparently Desert View built homes were hard hit by broken pipes.

Desert View Homeowners in Search of Answers after Storm - Video - KVIA El Paso (http://www.kvia.com/video/26784330/index.html - broken link)

Desert View Home Owners | Facebook

"I live in the Redd Rd/ Helen of Troy subdivision. (Swede Johnsen)

Speaking to several of my neighbors and a local handyman going around fixing everyones pipes, every single house on our street with the exception of one lucky soul, has broken pipes. That would be approximately 34 homes out of 35 with broken pipes. Saturday looked like a plumbers convention over here.

The interesting thing is this, the Classic American built homes below our neighborhood seemed to be problem free. No plumbers, no water spilling into the street, and nobody rushing outside in their pajamas to turn off the main water."

Desert View Homes Response to Freezing Temperatures and Broken Water Lines (http://desertviewhomes.com/blog/2011/02/response-to-freezing-temperatures-and-broken-water-lines/ - broken link)
To our valued homeowners:
If your home has experienced frozen and broken water lines you must contact your insurance company for assessment by a certified insurance adjuster. The frozen and broken water lines are covered by most standard homeowners insurance policies, and are beyond the scope of your home warranty with Desert View Homes.
Thank you.

Old 02-09-2011, 01:43 PM

524 posts, read 1,370,958 times
I thought the problem was water conversation. My family there told me..that the locals were told not to take a bath, wash their clothes, or cook. Here in Irving, the problem is clogged drains..my kitchen sink or bathtub water wont go down..!!..

Old 02-10-2011, 09:12 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,741,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by XChucoresident View Post
I thought the problem was water conversation. My family there told me..that the locals were told not to take a bath, wash their clothes, or cook. Here in Irving, the problem is clogged drains..my kitchen sink or bathtub water wont go down..!!..
That's because so many pipes and main lines broke that all the water was gone. People would come home from work and find water all over their driveway, or yards soaked and streets had water running down them from broken main lines.

They closed the schools for 4 days and even the outlet center (you know it's bad when they close stores) but I think with no water pressure there was also the fear that a fire could be disasterous.

The mayor told the news reporters that he's not a plumber.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso