Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 04:29 PM

52,688 posts, read 47,951,424 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0rangeo View Post
Well, a little birdie told me that Six Flags is looking to come back to EP. With the 40,000 troops and families coming, Six Flags is looking to lease some land from Ft. Bliss, right around Montana and Joe Battle. With the new desalination plant down the street on Montana, there's enough water to bring in Sea World possibly? Not to mention, a River Walk down town. There is an abundance of people heading this way, we just built the largest desalination plant in the U.S., why not put some fun in the SUN CITY???? Hummmm, just maybe.
They closed in Houston, but yet now they're deciding to look at El Paso? I hope your friend is right. If those Six Flags guys are serious about bringing something to Fort Bliss, let's just hope that city leaders can work out a deal. Stay tuned on this one, folks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2007, 09:32 PM

4 posts, read 13,358 times
As you may all know....El Paso has a population of about 700,000 residents. Our neighbour town of C.D. Juarez, Mex has a population of about 1 million, of which maybe 500,000 can legally cross to the US. The new BRAC (Base Realignment And Closure) will be bringing approximatelly 120,000 soldiers AND THEIR FAMILIES. El Paso and Fort Bliss is going to hit 1 million in the next couple of years. We are in desperate need of a REAL THEME PARK. Western Playland is now like one of those traveling fair parks! I'm tired of seeing nothing but shopping centers go up a dozen a week on parcels of land that could very well fit a resort hotel. Wake Up City Council !!!!!!! and smell the coffee... hint!

Old 09-18-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAISANO View Post
As you may all know....El Paso has a population of about 700,000 residents. Our neighbour town of C.D. Juarez, Mex has a population of about 1 million, of which maybe 500,000 can legally cross to the US. The new BRAC (Base Realignment And Closure) will be bringing approximatelly 120,000 soldiers AND THEIR FAMILIES. El Paso and Fort Bliss is going to hit 1 million in the next couple of years. We are in desperate need of a REAL THEME PARK. Western Playland is now like one of those traveling fair parks! I'm tired of seeing nothing but shopping centers go up a dozen a week on parcels of land that could very well fit a resort hotel. Wake Up City Council !!!!!!! and smell the coffee... hint!
I thought they were building a resort hotel next to that golf course at Biggs.

Old 09-18-2007, 07:54 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,953,720 times
Who wants to resort in the middle of the desert? Just curious.. what does El Paso have to offer a resort type person?

Old 09-18-2007, 08:51 PM

Talking An Oasis -- That's What!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Who wants to resort in the middle of the desert? Just curious.. what does El Paso have to offer a resort type person?
Hey, why not? You've got the Franklin Mountains as a good backdrop to any idea of a resort. Out there, it would be perfect.

Old 09-18-2007, 08:56 PM

879 posts, read 3,037,220 times
Lots of resorts are located throughout the southwest desert region of the U.S. I agree with Case.. why not here?
With the beauty of the Franklins right next to us, its a great location to add a resort here.

Old 09-18-2007, 09:14 PM

What does a resort offer out in the desert? and what would one here offer? And If they build a resort on Biggs unless your military you wont be staying in it.

So what would a resort in El Paso TX offer?

Old 09-19-2007, 01:51 PM

421 posts, read 2,156,461 times
I believe the resort you're referring to is located on airport property adjacent to the new Butterfield Trail golf course. There are several hotels interested in setting up shop to create a resort here at that location..

Old 09-19-2007, 03:16 PM

a Hotel and a resort are two separate things. I worked in a RESORT.. and I worked in a HOTEL, and I can tell you they are worlds apart. A hotel, a Room to sleep in, maybe a pool and near some place to eat. A Resort, offers a private golf course, tours of features, and many other amenities not found in a Hotel.

Old 09-20-2007, 08:36 AM

421 posts, read 2,156,461 times
Exactly. Or at least that's what the airport director is making it sound like..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso