Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2011, 05:11 AM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,025 times

Advertisements

Anti-gay ads are priest's view alone, diocese says - El Paso Times

Anti-gay? But of course its ok if he has sex with little boys. Priests assume if they point fingers people will forget the over 4000 cases of pedophile priests reported. Criminologists agree that as these cases are rarely reported, especially when the physical evidence is gone that there may be 40,000 cases. Meanwhile the Church gets by without paying property taxes, so while we spend our time working, Rodriguez can tell us how to live- but I won't let him near my children.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2011, 09:45 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Homosexuality is gay.

Old 09-02-2011, 07:08 PM

But its ok for the priests to diddle little boys? and its ok for the church not to have to pay property tax while we pay it for them (well if you don't own or rent - maybe YOU don't pay any)

Old 09-02-2011, 08:23 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
One of these days somebody will get that joke. One day!

Old 09-04-2011, 06:48 AM

It won't be you that's for sure because its not a joke. There are over 4000 REPORTED cases of priests and little boys - and while you may think its ok or funny .. most wouldn't.

Property taxes have gone up in El Paso for years and there is a lot of waste. Of course if you don't have a job or place -- it may be a joke to you and I suppose to all the "suckers' who have to pay.

Old 09-04-2011, 08:33 AM

206 posts, read 534,904 times
Ocean, I don't understand your point, he is AGAINST homosexual behavior, and, he's a very brave Man standing up for decent moral values in our society, something that MOST Americans support.

Old 09-05-2011, 07:03 AM

Ok Mike let me try to explain it to you so you can understand. Anyone should be free to say what they want. At one point most Americans didn't want Hispanics in the schools with their kids (polls around the mid '50s) and they had the right to say it.

Mike if you own property ( ie a house or a lot ) you pay taxes each year to the local govt. In El Paso you would pay one tax to the school district, another to the city, and yet another to the county. This goes to police and fire protection, law enforcement, education etc -- Are you with me so far Mike?

Churches don't have to pay property tax that means they don't contribute to city cleanup or prosecution of criminals, fire protection because we pay for it for them. It doesn't matter if we are Christian or Jewish or Atheists We work for a living so we can pay taxes for the churches.

Rodriguez because he doesn't have to pay tax has the time to go politic. We have to work. He doesn't contribute to all the pedophile priests Mike ( that means the huge number of priests that play with little boys) and we have to pay to bring them to court -try and punish the few who get caught.

Mike let's say I started a big gay church ( I'm not gay and not really interested in any church). Let's also say my property tax would have been $20,000 a year ( if you combine the Catholic Churches in EL Paso it would probably be more like $1-2 million). Not having to work to pay those taxes I could go around and claim "Gay sex is the best and your kids should at least be trying it" I could run ads in the newspaper and speak wherever possible. You would be working hard to pay your and my increasing taxes but still hear it on the news.

You don't see something wrong with this picture?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:34 AM

3,493 posts, read 4,550,413 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike b 1 View Post
Ocean, I don't understand your point, he is AGAINST homosexual behavior, and, he's a very brave Man standing up for decent moral values in our society, something that MOST Americans support.
No problem if he stands up for his belief as long as he does not try to impose them on others. Our country is founded on respect for others to live and believe as they wish.
As far what is decent and moral is the problem. Does that mean that a gay person is not decent because he love and has sex with someone of the same sex? If he pays his taxes, respects how you believe and live, obeys the laws, etc.?
As far as MOST Americans it is questionable depending what exactly you mean by that. Many Americans like myself do not like that type of lifestyle but I would not do anything to interere with the right for others to live that way they want. That means respect for others rights. Take care.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
View detailed profiles of: