Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 11:58 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,621,897 times

Advertisements

This is great if it happens.....I still miss Mountain Shadow Lakes when they were out there in Horizon City back in the 80's and 90's......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2007, 01:31 AM

879 posts, read 3,037,425 times
I have a good feeling that this will happen, but the way the county commissioners have been so terrible, I wouldn't be surprised one bit if it doesn't end up happening.

Old 09-07-2007, 02:58 PM

1 posts, read 1,862 times
This new idea for Ascarate Park is awesome and I want to think that the people in charge of this endeavor will carry through with their plans. We really do need something new in El Paso not only for people of all ages that live in El Paso, but also as an attraction for tourists and/or other people traveling through our Sun City.

Old 09-07-2007, 04:09 PM

639 posts, read 1,043,756 times
I totally agree with you and I trust that the people incharge of this endeaver are serious about getting this project off the ground and turning it into a reality, but just as Chuco mentioned (county commissioners are terrible) and so GUESS WHAT?

The private investment group behind this proposal went before the county commisioners court and county commissioners Veronica Escobar and Luis Sarinana are opposed to the idea, is'nt that sad that El Pasoans cant enjoy better things such quality of life and recreational entertainment of none existance in El Paso because the county commissioners have to play the mean old Grinch role.

It amazes me that people as such as the commissioners continue to feed their families off tax payers dollars and yet they have no intentions of better serving their community when opportunity's come knocking,it's no wonder El Paso still has nothing to show for itself, thanks to the politicals that serve for their own purpose to feed their family's with your money.

Old 11-30-2007, 11:25 AM

5 posts, read 14,482 times
What ever happened to this??

Old 11-30-2007, 11:51 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,218,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by giovannashouse View Post
What ever happened to this??
i was wondering the same, didnt they turn it down already, if they did what a shame, i hate when people speculate on what would & what wouldnt work in el paso, build it & they will come, Western playland had sum pretty juvenile rides & people were paying 20 dollars to get in.In Fact i took my kids their quite often, and i dont recall ever seeing western playland "Dead", The county commisioners should stop robbing the city of el paso and use the money to better the community.

Old 11-30-2007, 01:57 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
That is very cool.. but it will never happen. It was turned down. Besides, many El Pasoans don't want to travel to that side of town.

Old 11-30-2007, 06:10 PM

It wasn't turned down, the county commissioners decided back in August to delay it to next year, when some other issues regarding Ascarate Park and Western Playland's owner Pat Thompson are cleared up.

The model is still on display at the El Paso County Courthouse, on the first floor.

I don't know if it will ever happen though, but it is a really good idea.

Last edited by Chuco; 11-30-2007 at 07:09 PM..

Old 11-30-2007, 09:00 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,954,930 times
I agree it is a good idea. My mistake on it being turned down. I would love to see it happen, but I doubt it will.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
I agree it is a good idea. My mistake on it being turned down. I would love to see it happen, but I doubt it will.
I have a strong feeling it wont happen either. The County is in charge of this and they have a loooooooong history of screwing things up for El Paso, so I also think that they will mess this up too. Another reason why they are delaying this, is because supposedly they want to see if anyone else or company would want to propose something else, such as other bids with similar projects for the park.

Who knows? I still think the county commissioners will screw everything up.. just like they always have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso