Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2014, 06:40 PM

575 posts, read 883,769 times

Advertisements

ZSP is right -- everyone loves their own, and driving around the neighborhoods is a good idea.

I suggest focusing on the schools first. Don't forget there are also charter schools and parochial schools here. Most neighborhoods are pretty good, and you'll be able to identify the bad ones pretty quickly. Of course, it might depend on what you think makes a neighborhood "suck."

As for yards . . . I wouldn't say El Paso is known for big yards. In general, older homes, and homes in the Upper and Lower Valleys would tend to have larger yards, I think. Most people here do not have huge, sweeping yards or lawns here, either -- remember, we are in a desert.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2014, 05:57 PM

2,601 posts, read 8,519,567 times
As i thought , you will get lots of answers. 79924 may be the richest zip. It also is farthest west from downtown.

I think 79902 is most convenient , has the best architecture and El Paso High pretty highly rated NE is good -big millitary influence. if you like that.

Clouldcroft and Alamogordo have better public schools than El Paso but thats' a bit far.

Old 10-15-2014, 04:37 PM

156 posts, read 181,995 times
Any thoughts on 79911? Cimmaron area

Old 10-16-2014, 01:03 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,458,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lmbebo View Post
Any thoughts on 79911? Cimmaron area
New area, edge of suburbia, with nice homes. Currently a bit of drive to retail but a new hospital is under construction at Resler /Trans Mountain and I believe a new shopping center with a department store (Target?) at the NE corner of I/10 & Transmountain - but I can't find the link right now. Kids will go to Canutillo ISD schools on the other side of I-10 and not to El Paso ISD schools - and not the EPISD Hut Brown Middle School right on the border of 79911.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:19 AM

Thanks. We are moving to the area soon. Wife wants to buy a home out there. I liked the more established, but pricier homes, in the Park Hills and Franklin Hill subdivisions (we'd have to wait and save a bit more to get into a home in that area). Schools/Education are the biggest thing with me in the new Cimarron area.

Plus, not sure if it will be a good area or not (time will only tell on that).

Lot sizes are also very small.

Old 10-16-2014, 08:45 AM

1,011 posts, read 2,830,573 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ocean2026 View Post
As i thought , you will get lots of answers. 79924 may be the richest zip. It also is farthest west from downtown.
You mean 79932, don't you? 79924 is Northeast from about Hondo Pass north to about Sean Haggerty. 79932 is the Upper Valley and I think part of it is west of the Rio Grande.

Old 10-17-2014, 08:55 AM

643 posts, read 1,312,876 times
In my opinion the best place to live is the new "east central" which is, if I'm not mistaken, between Airway Blvd and right around Yarbrough south of the I10. Zip codes 79925 and 79935.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:38 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,159,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZSP View Post
...everyone loves their own zip code.
I agree - to a point. I've lived in 4 different locations over the years. Kern Place (as a kid), Del Norte Hghts (purchase of first new home), Eastwood area and Park Foothills above Magnetic.

If I were to move back to El Paso for some reason, I'd try to find a house in the latter area - Park Foothills or Mountain Park. Second choice would be the older homes in Kern Place surrounding Madeline Park. Third choice is a tie between Rim Road and El Paso Country Club.

Old 10-17-2014, 10:02 AM

Well, we are focusing on the west side for religious reasons.

We both liked Kern Place, but the prices are way outside of our budget at this time.

I think I convinced my wife to rent at first. Get to learn the area, etc. Plus side, hopefully save up more for a down payment as well.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:30 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post
In my opinion the best place to live is the new "east central" which is, if I'm not mistaken, between Airway Blvd and right around Yarbrough south of the I10. Zip codes 79925 and 79935.
I think you mean north of I-10

Quote:
Originally Posted by joqua View Post
I agree - to a point. I've lived in 4 different locations over the years. Kern Place (as a kid), Del Norte Hghts (purchase of first new home), Eastwood area and Park Foothills above Magnetic.

If I were to move back to El Paso for some reason, I'd try to find a house in the latter area - Park Foothills or Mountain Park. Second choice would be the older homes in Kern Place surrounding Madeline Park. Third choice is a tie between Rim Road and El Paso Country Club.:
It was my post saying everyone loves their own zip code. In the same post I also mentioned living in all areas of El Paso over the years and like you, agree with your preference of the Park Foothills/Mountain Park areas...which I have lived in for almost 15 years. My second choice would match yours as well. Third? More than I'd like to pay. lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso