Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-18-2007, 11:07 PM

233 posts, read 835,835 times

Advertisements

Hi-
Is The Border Patrol Museum Worth The Drive from Dallas??

A friend from TX TECH from El Paso sez absolutely not but I just want to check with y'all too.

I've only been to EP Airport in 2001 with my parents on the way to Vegas.

Thanks,

fallguy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2007, 12:10 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,960,642 times
I live just down the street from it and I have not been to it yet. Humm I may have to check it out this week sometime.. if I do, I'll let you know.

Old 11-19-2007, 07:51 AM

421 posts, read 2,157,076 times
Yeah, that museum's one of those places you know is always there. But you've never had reason to go check it out. I've been telling myself I'd love to go check out the wyler tramway or mckelligon canyon to see viva el paso, but no dice. I did recently check out the magoffin house though.. Well worth the trip.

Old 11-19-2007, 11:25 AM

66 posts, read 113,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
Hi-

A friend from TX TECH from El Paso sez absolutely not but I just want to check with y'all too.

Thanks,

fallguy
Absolutely not!!! I drove back and forth between Dallas and El Paso multiple times this past summer and the drive is endless. I have been to the museum and quite frankly it sucks. There are many other interesting things to do and see in El Paso but that place isn't one of them. The flights between DFW and ELP are not very long- like an hour and a half depending on winds and I would recommend flying instead of driving- with gas prices the way that they are, it is actually about the same money anyway but it is a 10 hour drive and it is brutal.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:51 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 18 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
I didn't have any problems with my visits to the museum. That's right, visits. I've been there twice. They've got some good exhibits and displays there. These agents are people who risk their lives every day just to protect our borders, but we take too many things for granted.

Really, you should give this place a try. All you El Paso locals, if you haven't checked it out, you should. If nothing else, it gives you a greater appreciation for these people in uniform.

Old 11-19-2007, 06:53 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 18 hours ago)

52,700 posts, read 47,981,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fallguy View Post
Hi-

Thanks,

fallguy
Yes, it is. But, of course, you should see some other things in EP, too.

Old 11-19-2007, 09:14 PM

233 posts, read 835,835 times
Thanks to all you responders.

I'd rather drive with friend(s) than fly b/c IMHO there's more scenery to be seen when driving instead of flying.

What else is good to see in El Paso?? I've read you all have some kind of train museum??

Old 11-19-2007, 10:56 PM

5,080 posts, read 9,960,642 times
The Train Museum is awesome.. its downtown. Also check out the Plaza Theater.. The Fire Department Museum is cool too. Right above the Border Patrol museum is the Natural History Museum and I think its pretty cool. Insights downtown while at the Train Museum would be a good place to check out as well as our Art Museum near by.

Hit the Tram way if its still open.. and Scenic Drive, stop at the top and check out the park.. and use one of the camera s there to peer downtown and into Mexico. Also check out the Museums on Fort Bliss they are not all that, but they can be educational.

Just some ideas.. I have more.. but thats a good opener.

Old 11-20-2007, 05:09 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,633,610 times
I can see it now .....a large 10 story Hyatt Regency Hotel being built next to the Border Patrol Museum as people are flocking from east and west and around the world to visit it.

Anyway just though i'd throw some humor into this thread.....

Old 11-20-2007, 12:00 PM

879 posts, read 3,038,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6 FOOT 3 View Post
I can see it now .....a large 10 story Hyatt Regency Hotel being built next to the Border Patrol Museum as people are flocking from east and west and around the world to visit it.

Anyway just though i'd throw some humor into this thread.....
LOL!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso