Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2012, 12:18 PM

404 posts, read 860,177 times

Advertisements

Good People of the Citi-Data Forum! Today El Paso Mayor John Cook has decided to move El Paso forward, downtown El Paso is getting a new stadium and El Paso is getting a new baseball team;Good Cause For Celebration, THANK YOU MAYOR COOK and City Council,and special thanks to Mr Paul Foster and Woody Hunt.
Go EL PASO!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2012, 01:15 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Now is the time to move past our stances, politic views, and move forward together. Triple A baseball alone isn't going to magically change El Paso. It is a very important first step however. I hope everyone plans to attend a few games a year. You don't have to be season ticket holders. You don't even have to go every month. But if the average El Paso family goes two or three times a year, this franchise will be a rousing success.

Naysayers, you can stick poverty, income, and other negative stats is a sack. Attending a Triple A baseball game will cost about the same as a night at Tinseltown.

Viva El Paso!

Last edited by mistabinks; 09-20-2012 at 01:35 PM..

Old 09-20-2012, 01:31 PM

729 posts, read 2,066,634 times
Its a great day in El Paso!!!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:18 PM

404 posts, read 860,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Now is the time to move past our stances, politic views, and move forward together. Triple A baseball alone isn't going to magically change El Paso. It is a very important first step however. I hope everyone plans to attend a few games a year. You don't have to be season ticket holders. You don't even have to go every month. But if the average El Paso family goes two or three times a year, this franchise will be a rousing success.
The first corner stone that got downtown El Paso moving was the restoration of the Plaza Theater that was followed by the Double Tree, the new Federal Courthouse and the Mills/Plaza restoration project.
Now the new stadium is going to be a spectacular addition along with the reintroduction of the electric street cars, we will soon be hearing of new downtown investment,mark my word.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistabinks View Post
Naysayers, you can stick poverty, income, and other negative stats is a sack. Attending a Triple A baseball game will cost about the same as a night at Tinseltown.
Viva El Paso!
There can never be any sort of reconciliation with these people,they are stubborn and they don't care about what we think is best for our community. Their purpose is to keep everybody unhappy and miserable by always saying that we don't need this we don't want that.

Old 09-20-2012, 02:44 PM

422 posts, read 1,294,348 times
pumped for the new stadium! I think we will start to see many more development projects commence with this decision.

Old 09-20-2012, 04:16 PM

643 posts, read 1,312,769 times
My children will grow to love El Paso. We will travel for Disney and the beach, but we will have good attractions here. Mr. Cook will go down in history with the Fosters and Hunts.

Old 09-20-2012, 05:25 PM

879 posts, read 3,036,454 times
Yes!! What an awesome time it is for El Paso right now.

Lots of good projects are moving us forward and helping us advance into a modern city. The good thing is that I think this is just the beginning of more good news for us. We still got the new ballpark and Triple-A team, the streetcars coming back and several other projects in downtown that will help in redeveloping our downtown. Several downtown building owners have stated recently that they have sold some of their buildings within the last week due to this stadium being built in the city hall location.

One more thing, we still have to make sure we get the three props in November passed as well, because they will provide even more good quality of life projects built for everyone in El Paso. It's very important that we pass propositions 1, 2, and 3 in November.

Old 09-29-2012, 11:46 PM

56 posts, read 156,202 times
I'll rather have my taxes go to something that will attract more business and jobs to El Paso then going to a bunch of free loaders who do nothing to contribute to our city. I dont even like baseball, even tough I am a Patriotic American I prefer a game of soccer than baseball haha but I'll go to a few games to support the city I know my cousins from Juarez are planning on coming, baseball is very big in Juarez and Northern Mexico so that will attract many people from Juarez and nearby Mexican cities. I would of preferred an MLS soccer team but oh well hahahah

Old 10-01-2012, 08:35 AM

643 posts, read 1,312,769 times
Don't discount the MLS team. It might be in our future.

Old 10-01-2012, 03:03 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasCCW View Post
Don't discount the MLS team. It might be in our future.
I hope that is true. I went to the MLS message board. There are several cities far larger than us chomping at the bit to get a team - including a second one in New York.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso