Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-03-2012, 09:25 AM

404 posts, read 860,177 times

Advertisements

While I went on my daily walk early this morning I notice a street sweeping vehicle over by Trawood Park, actually the park is named after someone. It is very unusual or very rare to see the of these vehicles actually being used in El Paso at all.
Since the city don't run any street sweeping schedules I guess it would be up in the air when I would see one of these vehicles again; I think that the city should actually have a whole fleet of street sweepers, and that every neighborhood should be giving a weekly schedule.
That would require for people to move their own private vehicles out of city streets at a certain hour on a certain day of the week or by cited by EL Paso Police, (more revenue for the city).
I'm not been mean spirited or anything like that, but this city is a dump when it comes to street litter or garbage;I even seen where dead cats were run over day after day till they became blended into the street surface itself.
Unless I call the sanitation department myself and reported a dead animal the animal would still be there today;so maybe it is time that El Paso clean the streets and innovate a form of better quality of sanitation in the form a street sweepers and street sweeper usage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2012, 11:06 AM

2,619 posts, read 6,134,656 times
You can the City and request the vehicle. There is some sort of schedule. I have seen them on my streets two or three times in the last two years.

Old 11-03-2012, 03:30 PM

I was thinking more of a city wide daily service for all El Paso, but come to think of it El Paso is pretty large after all; I was referring to say like San Francisco where they service their city streets twice a week. By providing street sweeping service everyday except for Saturday and Sunday because those streets can get really filthy in just one day; but then again San Francisco is only 44 square miles of asphalt and concrete compare to El Paso's 260 plus square miles.

Old 11-03-2012, 11:48 PM
ZSP

1,765 posts, read 5,118,385 times
Sometimes I'll see a sweeper once a week for a month or so...then nothing for several months. There doesn't seem to be any sort of schedule.

I don't think these sweepers pick up or handle any kind of trash or dead animals.

As for people moving their cars from one side of the street to accommodate sweepers, it's just not going to happen. I see it work in smaller communities but don't see it working here.

Old 11-05-2012, 02:02 PM

1,166 posts, read 1,634,121 times
Default According to the city's website...

• The City of El Paso operates one of the most comprehensive sweeping programs in the region. This program meets PM10 regulations for air quality as outlined by the State Implementation Plan.
  • The Sweeping program has moved to provide a high level of service throughout the City in support of community cleanups, civic functions and dedicated service to the most highly traveled corridors within the City.
  • The sweeping program sweeps over 35,000 curb miles annually of roadway each year, every street is covered a minimum of three times anually with the Great Streets (Montana, Dyer, Mesa, North Loop and Alameda) being covered completely every two weeks and the Downtown area being swept four times per week.
  • If you believe the above, well, you have an active fantasy life.

Old 11-05-2012, 10:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by simbared View Post
  • The City of El Paso operates one of the most comprehensive sweeping programs in the region. This program meets PM10 regulations for air quality as outlined by the State Implementation Plan.
  • The Sweeping program has moved to provide a high level of service throughout the City in support of community cleanups, civic functions and dedicated service to the most highly traveled corridors within the City.
  • The sweeping program sweeps over 35,000 curb miles annually of roadway each year, every street is covered a minimum of three times anually with the Great Streets (Montana, Dyer, Mesa, North Loop and Alameda) being covered completely every two weeks and the Downtown area being swept four times per week.
  • If you believe the above, well, you have an active fantasy life.
The person or persons responsible for this city legislation work ordinance have a great imagination in there wildest dreams; The city must have one or two street sweepers for the entire town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso