Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:54 PM

5,976 posts, read 15,259,870 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms Kitty 98 View Post
HTBU! these are just the preliminary renderings of what the new stadium might look like;I agree that the stadium is way to small for a Triple AAA baseball team.
So I would at least hope that the designers get it right the first time when the final plans become official; considering that the city hall property is relative small to begin with, Maybe they could expand the balcony to where there would be a 5,000 capacity seating on the second level and a 9,000 seating capacity on the ground level.
If they are going to do it right then they should build it right without any flaws, this rendering still looks awesome for a Triple AAA Stadium, but it does need improvements.
'Kitty, I did not mean the field, or stadium itself. What I am talking about are pavillions, meeting/convention space. Maybe they have some, but it is not obvious in the simulation video.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2012, 11:32 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,454,770 times
Note how shallow the 1st base line seating is (# of rows) compared to 3rd base. The 1st base infield is where the action is and in order to shoe-horn this stadium on the site there is less 1st base line seating & more 3rd base line and outfield seating. Look at at all those crappy seats in the 3rd base outfield - the cheap seats at other stadiums. Also note the lack of space for parking, queueing, and loading bays for service trucks. The site's too small. Populous didn't choose the site, that was a political decision, but their job is to do the best they can with the site they have to work with.

Last edited by katzpaw; 11-28-2012 at 11:45 PM..

Old 11-29-2012, 04:33 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,259,870 times
Default Yes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Note how shallow the 1st base line seating is (# of rows) compared to 3rd base. The 1st base infield is where the action is and in order to shoe-horn this stadium on the site there is less 1st base line seating & more 3rd base line and outfield seating. Look at at all those crappy seats in the 3rd base outfield - the cheap seats at other stadiums. Also note the lack of space for parking, queueing, and loading bays for service trucks. The site's too small. Populous didn't choose the site, that was a political decision, but their job is to do the best they can with the site they have to work with.
That is what I am noticing, the stadium/field itself is not the issue, it is just too small of an area; they are trying hard to fit it into a place that is too small. I guess there are not many options in downtown El Paso, unless they excercise eminent domain laws. At the least, maybe they should do away with the streets that border it, that would give them a lot more room.

Old 11-29-2012, 08:16 AM

404 posts, read 860,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
'Kitty, I did not mean the field, or stadium itself. What I am talking about are pavillions, meeting/convention space. Maybe they have some, but it is not obvious in the simulation video.
They have the Convention Center right next to it along with the Abraham Chavez Theater and the Chamber of Commerce;however the site location was to small to begin with since it was done on a political choice.
So then since these are only the preliminary renderings hopefully they can connect all the dots and cross the T's before they actually start construction.
Downtown is relative pretty small so they will have to work with the room they have; one would have figured out long before this whole stadium issue was brought to surface that there was more than plenty of room to build the stadium in east downtown.
Over at the intersection of Paisano Street and Cotton Street; where some rarely ever used railroad tracks are located; it's to late now but lets hope they make the best choice in the design work. And that they correct the stadium where the seating on the first base is less than on the third base seating;not much room to work with but hopefully well end up for a functional stadium facility and not with an awkward looking one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso