Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2007, 04:43 PM

3 posts, read 31,030 times

Advertisements

Hello I useto be in the US Army at Ft. Bliss and I am comeing to vist El Paso this spring. From looking at photos it got very big, I liked the silver spur night club on montana st. and some smaller bars near the end of Dyer st. la tuna country club , long branch, catus, and that one on the new mexico border is any of them still around ? when I came home to california I was realy board there was nothing to do. I relly missed El Paso and the frendy folks that live there.!
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2007, 05:52 AM

13,134 posts, read 40,612,339 times
Yeah i remember those bars on Dyer st. when i used to party there back in the 80's. I believe they were called the Connection and the Hideaway as these were Honky Tonk bars with 3 piece country western bands. I also loved Sasos on Dyer st. as it was hard rock music and of course the Dallas Club which was the premiere club back then out on Lee Treveno Blvd as that place was packed with gorgeous women.

Old 11-06-2007, 11:58 AM

5,080 posts, read 9,949,702 times
Ahh Saso's.. My sister used to bartend there. And also at Scorpio's further out Dyer. My mom, dad, and I opened the Eagles nest on Dyer.. sold it a few years ago.. the bar biz is rough.

I remember the meat market also known as Dallas Nigh Club. I wish it were still around instead of that 5 in 1 crap job they have now.

Harry, your gonna have to come down to El Paso again soon, and see all the major changes.. and the outlet mall.

Old 11-06-2007, 03:23 PM

998 posts, read 1,513,376 times
Saso's and Scorpio's - what memories. Some girl came on to me once at Scorpio's (passed a note through the waitress) and my wife intercepted it of course. Man was I in the dog house for a long time even though I hadn't done a thing!

Dallas, Graham's, The Phoenix, even the little dive Korean bars down on Dyer. Man I miss those days. More girls than the eye could take in!

Old 11-06-2007, 05:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post

Harry, your gonna have to come down to El Paso again soon, and see all the major changes.. and the outlet mall.
Definately dude....i went to Alamogordo and Cloudcroft about 3 weeks back for the weekend and really enjoyed it. When i get a week off i'll drop down to check things out....

Old 11-06-2007, 06:27 PM

52,684 posts, read 47,937,079 times
With the notable exception of the Franklin Mountains, if you haven't been to El Paso in 27 years, regardless of what you're trying to remember, you may be due for a big surprise. It's called sprawl.

Old 11-06-2007, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guero View Post
Saso's and Scorpio's - what memories. Some girl came on to me once at Scorpio's (passed a note through the waitress) and my wife intercepted it of course. Man was I in the dog house for a long time even though I hadn't done a thing!

Dallas, Graham's, The Phoenix, even the little dive Korean bars down on Dyer. Man I miss those days. More girls than the eye could take in!
Phoenix was another bar my sister bar tended at.. lol and I hung out at.. I bet we have bumped into one another sometime back. =)

Old 11-06-2007, 08:02 PM

Hey who could forget the Korean Bar ''The Flame'' as we used to ditch school and they would let us in to drink soda and shoot pool there . Also my Sister used to hang out at Monopoly's on Viscount and I-10 back then.

Old 11-07-2007, 09:53 AM

2,516 posts, read 5,685,747 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhnay View Post
Ahh Saso's.. My sister used to bartend there. And also at Scorpio's further out Dyer. My mom, dad, and I opened the Eagles nest on Dyer.. sold it a few years ago.. the bar biz is rough.

I remember the meat market also known as Dallas Nigh Club. I wish it were still around instead of that 5 in 1 crap job they have now.

I remember Dallas Club. I was a brief regular there in late 93, early 94 before shifting my attention to Juarez during my military days at Bliss. Is that place still up? I left El Paso in 95 and haven't been back since.

Old 11-07-2007, 12:54 PM

Dallas night club is not there, in its place is Grand Central Station, 5 bars all linked together by a rod-iron fence. Pay one cover and enjoy all 5 bars.

I used to hang at Dallas too.. I was good friends with Hoss, the big fat bouncer there. Back then I drove a Ford Ranger with the Dallas logo in the center window.. the two dancers in the heart. Man I used to get some booty back then.. heh heh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso