Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-30-2009, 12:56 PM

2,619 posts, read 6,136,850 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caltep View Post
Heard there is a large gang presence at Franklin H.S., more than any other EP high school. Any truth to that?
Maybe large in comparison to most schools in El Paso. There hasn't been much said about it online or on the news that I have seen.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2010, 11:07 AM

1 posts, read 2,059 times
I'm a student attending school in EL Paso, I have lived in Colorado 5years before moving here last July, thanks to our United States Army. I'm now an 11th grade and I know my opinion may just not count, but I have lived outside of this city for quiet some time but being here almost a year you have to learn a lot... I know Im supposed to be on your daughters side and say don't worry she'll make good decisions, trust her but Im not... If I was in your shoes I would regulate her friends, not like total lock down, just be sure to ask around about people she hangs with, because if they are known by a large number of other people then it can't be for something good. The violence is all mainly in Juarez, no worries on your daughter too much, but don't let her do just anything... as for what teens can do here that keeps them out of trouble.. well... I don't really know. I just have been spending my time at the youth center(which is pretty cool) or working( which I was lucky in getting the job... because I speak the wrong second language, German). Schools are very limiting becasue the trouble many teens get into, and i have to say that is a lot... I know that I may not have the best opinion but You just have to make the best of it and trust that you taught your daughter the right thing in all these years... Chapin should be a pretty good school, but Austin has the criminal justice, fire science program that kicks total butt(sorry)...... From a trouble maker with a reputation in another state

Old 07-12-2010, 03:13 AM

2 posts, read 7,592 times
I go to chapin high school and gangs are there.you got southland gangsters.varrio logan heights.north side locosx14.folk nation those are the gangs

Old 07-13-2010, 09:12 AM

3 posts, read 4,892 times
You have nothing to be worried about, i currently go to Coronado HIgh School,,, i am a mexican teenager who grew up in Cd. Juarez,, (one of the worlds most dangerous city) and i tell you "Gansters" in el paso are NOT to worry about,,, they just like to dress saggy and say bad words to think there bad,, ( ive kicked their ass sooo many times,, there pathetic),, the only schools that you should be concerned about are El Dorado and some of the other east side high schools,,, that because there are some MOON CITY and Aztec members there (gangs)

Old 08-18-2010, 01:07 PM

1 posts, read 1,794 times
I grew up in ep. went to el paso high. Im 23 white. Def had some racial problems with the lower class hispanics and high schools here are a joke. Take your kids to real schools, where they wont be harrased for being the minority

Old 08-18-2010, 02:37 PM

Well there you go.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:22 AM

5,976 posts, read 15,270,067 times
Default Huh?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EPsucksforwhitepeople View Post
I grew up in ep. went to el paso high. Im 23 white. Def had some racial problems with the lower class hispanics and high schools here are a joke. Take your kids to real schools, where they wont be harrased for being the minority
I grew up there, I missed the upper, lower class thing, I guess. Based on your grammar, and spelling, I'd agree with you that your high school was a joke.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
Based on your grammar, and spelling, I'd agree with you that your high school was a joke.
That or lack of any parental involvement.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:56 PM

7 posts, read 13,408 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookTheBrotherUp View Post
I grew up there, I missed the upper, lower class thing, I guess. Based on your grammar, and spelling, I'd agree with you that your high school was a joke.
Too funny!

Old 08-20-2010, 09:48 AM

130 posts, read 322,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EPsucksforwhitepeople View Post
I...Def had some racial problems with the lower class hispanics...
I had some as well. They insisted on being nice, inviting me into their lives, and teaching me about their culture. It really sucked
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso