Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-24-2013, 05:30 PM

46 posts, read 99,140 times

Advertisements

I was thinking about looking for a place to live in the mountains on the west side.
I would really love to find a complex with a good view and maybe find an apartment with good western exposure so i can sit out on my balcony or patio and watch the sunset.

i once googled it and i saw a place in the images that was sitting up on the edge of the some mountain road and it had the most amazing view.... but... i managed to lose the name of the place.
does anyone have any suggestions for places to check out up in the mountains ?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2013, 07:37 AM

4,280 posts, read 9,168,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 6Gun View Post
i once googled it and i saw a place in the images that was sitting up on the edge of the some mountain road and it had the most amazing view....
You're likely thinking of King's Hill apartments. They are an older complex dating to the 1970s. While they don't exactly sit on a "mountain" - they do sit on a high mesa and the few apartments that actually have a westerly view are the most desired and least available.

There are good views from a number of apartment complexes on the west side, but the actual apartments with a view are, as stated, least available. There are also apartment complexes on the east side that have sunrise views out over the city.

Old 09-25-2013, 11:23 AM

Hey thanks.... i am sure you are right about that. lol i will keep looking.... i really love a western view with mountains in the distance as the sun is setting.

Old 09-25-2013, 12:00 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
It sounds nice but I'll carefully consider orientation next time I move. My front door faces west and in the summer becomes too hot to touch in the evening -even on the inside. Neighbors with patio doors facing west have to keep their drapes closed to block the summer heat and sunset.

Last edited by katzpaw; 09-25-2013 at 12:23 PM..

Old 09-25-2013, 05:59 PM

575 posts, read 884,932 times
I lived in Kings Hill, and had a nice Southeastern exposure and view. The apartments on the other side, which face (most of them) Northwest do have a nice sunset view, but would get too hot and bright for comfort, imo.

Old 09-26-2013, 09:20 AM

355 posts, read 1,115,825 times
Default EP Apartments

I don't know what your price range is or if this is what you're looking for, but I found a few you might be interested in:

El Paso Corporate Housing | Camelot Corporate Condominiums | Corporate Apartments El Paso | Serviced Apartments | Furnished Apartments | El Paso, TX

The Legends of El Paso Apartments

Venue at Montecillo, The | Apartments for Rent in El Paso, TX

The Fairmont Condminiums | El Paso, TX

Old 09-26-2013, 10:10 AM

You might try Montecillo-they are new, small, semi-luxurious, and probably expensive, but some of those apartments will have great views.

Old 09-26-2013, 10:59 AM

3,398 posts, read 6,085,680 times
View isn't quite as nice but the units are nice and it's very quiet and peaceful here:

Puerta Villa at Cimarron Apartments - El Paso, TX 79911 | Apartments for Rent

Old 09-26-2013, 11:48 AM

really nice up there . . . but no useful patio or balcony if that matters to you (it does to me)

Old 09-26-2013, 11:15 PM

Hi thanks everyone for your suggestions. i just now had a chance to see them. am not on the computer that much.
i am not planning to spend the summer in El Paso. in fact .... once the weather gets into the 90's i'll be on my way north.
i like the warm weather but not the searing heat of the desert in the summer.

i also happen to love a bright cheery place so the more sun coming in the better... and yes....
a patio or balcony is a MUST !

as far as cost... i want to keep it as reasonable as i can. Its only me so a studio or one bedroom would be fine.
since i am newly retired... i plan to follow the seasons. i've always been a drifter anyway. lol
i'll check out all your suggestions.
thanks SO much.... i really appreciate it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > El Paso